Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Camcorders......... suggestions please

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    zrxsheep
    zrxsheep  562 forum posts United Kingdom
    21 Nov 2011 - 7:38 PM

Hi folks i am after suggestions for camcorders i currently film Rugby & Motocross events for local clubs and make dvd's for shops , 1 of my Canon XM1 has died the image processor has possibly died i want something that can produce the same or better quality of video for dvd's and that has the ability to zoom to a field the next over and still maintain a decent degree of focus on fast and moving targets many thanks in advance folks Wink

Admin if theres a better place for this with better coverage please move it for me as i could find no where many thanks Wink

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Nov 2011 - 7:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

neil163
    neil163  3 United Kingdom
    21 Nov 2011 - 7:51 PM

sony dsc hx9v full 50 fames sec full hd 1940x1080 in your pocket get spare batteries less than twenty pound on amazon only uses real ones

zrxsheep
    21 Nov 2011 - 8:01 PM

Hi Neil many thanks had a look the specs are great Smile however im after a semi-pro camera 2nd in the 300-700 range was thinking another Canon XM1 but repairs are getting harder and more expensive as parts are scarce Wink but thnx for the suggestion mate

robthecamman
    21 Nov 2011 - 9:43 PM

canon legria hfs10

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Nov 2011 - 9:55 PM

The Canon XM1 is only a standard-def camcorder. Any HD camcorder - inclusing my pocketable Panasonic HX-DC10 (about 170) - will give you a higher quality picture. Smile

How much you want to spend is up to you.

zrxsheep
    22 Nov 2011 - 12:03 AM

thnx yep around the 300 to 700 range 2nd hand as they seem to lose so much from new yep Rob i looked at the Legria before anybody here do it as a semi-pro for a part time living ? if so what do you use and whats the best media storage wise DV , HDD or card formats all ive ever used is DV Tape thnx in advance folks Smile

robthecamman
    22 Nov 2011 - 12:11 AM

the legria has 32gb of storage built into it it also takes 32gb memory card iv actually got it but shame on me hardly use it

zrxsheep
    22 Nov 2011 - 12:18 AM

hi mate yep just now checking Fleabay and it looks good it could be the way forward for me and perhaps i may even sell the other XM's and buy 2 as i assume i can connect ext monitors and mic's to it can you remember what the image quality is like thnx for your time i do appreciate it mate Wink

robthecamman
    22 Nov 2011 - 12:21 AM

its good tho the longest i used it was on fireworks in thailand tho with the 32gb storage they reckon you can record for 12 hours the downside the photo side not to hot

robthecamman
    22 Nov 2011 - 12:22 AM

id also recomend reading some reviews on the canons on google

zrxsheep
    22 Nov 2011 - 12:25 AM

great stuff thnx mate , yep not worried about stills as i have a still camera for my hobby and 12 hrs is an awesome amount of time far more than i will ever use to date the most ive filled is 8hrs of tapes in 1 camera so 16hrs using both cameras but the upload to my pc is sooo slow its the same speed it takes to watch it so takes me nearly 2 days just to get all the footage on the pc ready to edit , so with the card format it would make my life alot easier SmileSmile which is great

robthecamman
    22 Nov 2011 - 12:28 AM

iv a macbook iv found ok to that if you put 32 gb card in you can record solid 24 hrs im told but iv not done ud need the bigger battery with it to but thats standard i think

zrxsheep
    22 Nov 2011 - 1:06 AM

yep i use a hp tower unit wholey and soley for movie editing and a 4 disc burner so it cuts time lovely once the editing is done Smile im working on live streaming of rugby games at our local club at the moment so this could just be the camera to do it Smile im off to turn in mate thnx again have a good night buddy Smile

zrxsheep
    15 Dec 2011 - 1:43 AM

Hi Rob yep i got one 400 squids but did my first Rugby Match with the new camera last weekend and just finished editing it and yes i am well happy with the results so im off to sell my other XM1 to get another thnx again mate and have a good xmas folks SmileSmile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.