Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Camera Bag

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade123
ade123 e2 Member 1163 forum postsade123 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2013 - 9:38 PM

I go over to Southern Ireland quite often for long weekends and usually just take hand luggage
(With Ryan Air so have to be very careful on size & recently weight ) so I would be looking at a bag that would take camera body,2 or 3 lenses and bits and pieces plus laptop or iPad so the tamrac adventure 9 could be a good option. Is there much room for clothing or are you limited to 1 lightweight jacket
Ryan air's hand luggage limits are. 55x40x20 cm

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Feb 2013 - 9:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

collywobles
4 Feb 2013 - 8:16 AM

Also, Aer Lingus now fly Southend - Dublin and their cabin allowance is 7KGs and size is smaller than Ryanair. At 7KGs just enough room left for your toothbrush.

mikehit
mikehit  56487 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 8:39 AM

When I fly budget airline (not often) I wear a jacket with big pockets. At the check-in the big lenses and camera body go into the jacket pockets, and when I am in the waiting lounge they go back into the bag.

jembo
jembo  10104 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Feb 2013 - 11:24 AM

Some interesting points here. The reason I was going for a sling bag rthaer than a backpack is that with a back pack, you have to faff aout getting off your back, unzipping the right compartment to get your gaer out, closing it up again, loading it on your back etc. It just imagine it as a bit of unnecessary hassle. Although there is the benefit of having additional room to pack a rain coat/sandwiches/drink etc.
The sling type bags seem less of a hassle - swing it round, open up, camera out, swing back, off you go. Esaier to pack kit away as well.
Airline carry on is a must.
I am now thinking of keeping the (small) bag I have (for now), and flash, filters, gorrillapod etc can travel in the suitcase. I'll just have to be ruthless with what gear I am taking out for the day.

bainsybike
4 Feb 2013 - 3:37 PM

I used to have a Tamrac Velocity 7X, which is a sling-type bag, but found that with a 50D and a couple of lenses it became tiring to carry. I now use a Lowepro Versapack, a rucsack-type bag which has about the same capacity as the Tamrac in it's dedicated photo gear compartment, plus an additional compartment for other stuff. It can be configured so that your camera is accessible from the side, and I find that in practice it's just as quick and easy to use as the sling bag.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.