Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Camera Club 'practical' evening

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    philhomer
    philhomer  435 forum posts England32 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2013 - 3:35 PM

I know that your second response will likely be to enquire as to why i have left this until the 11th hour.... with the first being 'why bother?'

Anyways, this evening our local camera club has a practical evening - the problem is i have no idea of what to cover (i must stress that i am not a club official or even responsible for these evenings)

We have a small membership of relatively non-advanced togs. The sort of thing that has amused / interested in the past has been -

focus stacking
    differntial focusing
    soap bubbles
    water droplets

and so on

basically 2-3 'projects' or ideas that can all be set up in one small club meeting room and take 1-2 hours for all members to visit each set-up

your ideas regards creative / interesting / educational little projects for THIS EVENING woul dbe greatly appreciated

phil

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Jan 2013 - 3:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110266 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2013 - 3:47 PM

We have session like this and have tried various ideas out.

A couple that worked well were:

Create an image from a random selection of items. We had three tables, each with around 20 odds and sods collected from charity shops, jumble sales etc. Three teams visited each table in rotation and they had to create the shot using 5 items selected from the pile of bits on the table (no more or less than 5)

They had 10 minutes a session to take as many shots as they wanted but then they had to select one shot to represent the team from that table. Same process for each of the remaining 2 tables. Then a get together to display the 9 images created, selecting the best one from each table (explaining why)

The other one was a bring food and drink, then shoot and eat / drink it which adds a party feel to the evening. We find Jelly Babies create a lot of images having had Jelly Baby executions, Busby Berkley set-ups in wine glasses (water works better as they disolve fast in wine) etc

We've done all the other usuals, macro sessions, Photo Treasure Hunts, Letters of the Alphabet and so on

blastedkane
    29 Jan 2013 - 4:18 PM

How about light painting. You place a range of objects all over a room and then with the lights off you use a long exposure (between 20 and 30 secs)and a torch to "paint" on the subject. This just needs a subject that can be still and a torch that is focus-able like a MagLite. I have successfully done this with 5 people in 1 small room so if you have a larger hall then you should be ok. Just keep the objects away from the walls so you don't get any stray lights on the wall which will show up.

This is an example of a single shot that is pretty much straight out of camera

indemnity
    indemnity  6329 forum posts
    29 Jan 2013 - 5:20 PM

Lighting glass?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.