Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Camera fault

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mike_Smith
    Mike_Smith e2 Member 7125 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Feb 2012 - 8:30 PM

My Canon 550D has developed a fault, as in the shutter will fire a few shots then refuses to fire any more, then it might fire 50 off and then stops firing again. Its an intermitent thing with it, at first i thought it was the lens but its doing it on a few different lenses. I bought it from warehouse express, and it will be 12 month old 22nd of next month. So can anyone shed any light on this, and also do you know how i go on with a warranty repair thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Feb 2012 - 8:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RWPhotoGraphix
    RWPhotoGraphix e2 Member 6471 forum postsRWPhotoGraphix vcard United Kingdom
    6 Feb 2012 - 8:55 PM

wouldnt have a clue what could be wrong, hope u get it sorted tho as i have same camera. with it being less than 12 months old you should be allowed a repair/replacement under the sales of goods act! contact where u purchased straight away and explain the issue! ask for a replacement Smile

RWPhotoGraphix
    RWPhotoGraphix e2 Member 6471 forum postsRWPhotoGraphix vcard United Kingdom
    6 Feb 2012 - 8:56 PM

good luck pal!

John_Frid
    John_Frid  8514 forum posts United Kingdom56 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Feb 2012 - 8:56 PM

I would contact Warehouse Express (as they have primary responsibility under the Sale of Goods Act) and appraise them of the problem. At their discretion they may chose to either repair (under warranty) or provide you with a replacement. Theoretically you can ask for either, in practice the retailer will choose what they think will be cheapest for them.

kblan
    kblan  10 United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2012 - 2:31 PM

I've had to return a couple of things to Warehouse Express (now WEX) over the years and found them very helpful on both occasions including replacing a Canon lens with failed IS. I'd get in touch with them ASAP.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.