Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Camera Kit Insurance

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • 1
    • »
    Rich_H  10
    16 Jun 2004 - 8:50 AM

    Hi Folks,

    Can any of you recommend a good insurance company (in the UK) who insure camera equipment?

    I have recently upgraded some of my kit and I would like to make sure that it is sufficiently covered. (I have checked my home & contents insurance and it does offer enough cover).

    Many thanks


    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Jun 2004 - 8:50 AM

    Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

    16 Jun 2004 - 10:12 AM

    If your house insurance does offer enough cover - why look elsewhere? If its a typo - and your policy doesnt cover it - can you not get it added onto it for a small premium? If you have "personal possessions" cover - you can tag it onto that.

    zeus68  1064 forum posts
    16 Jun 2004 - 12:12 PM

    Make sure you have a good contents insurance which coveres for accidental damage and loss or theft outside your home or abroad for personal belongings. I am with Direct Line but there are loads of companies to cover you for home contents

    Rich_H  10
    16 Jun 2004 - 1:01 PM

    Ok, spot the typo!

    My house insurance does *not* offer enough cover, specifically for a single item.

    I will investigate if I can get the gear added as separate items though.


    lordposh  1045 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Jun 2004 - 1:19 PM

    have you tried getting cover just for your camera? some companies are reasonably and for a few pounds a month you would have some good cover..
    Check out this link..



    cal9  1199 forum posts
    16 Jun 2004 - 1:27 PM

    We're covered with Lloyds TSB Building and Contents Insurance. I recently made a claim because my son knocked my Canon T70 off the kitchen worktop, they paid out for an equivilant replacement (Canon 300V) minus the excess (50) All I had to do was to get a letter from Jessop's stating that it was beyond reasonable financial repair.


    17 Jun 2004 - 12:27 PM

    Entertainment & Leisure will do it but beware the excess.......its usually a percentage of the sum insured with a minimum figure - which is often more than a usual home contents policy (i'm an insurance broker btw.....) - but it could be worth checking out.

    As for the single item limit on your existing policy - most stuff we deal with these days is 1500. Spose it depends on the exact kit you've got but as a single item - that should be enough? My 10D comes in at under that......if u include the lens the it tips over.....but thats 2 items.....not 1! As for accidental damage cover - if you've got "personal possessions" cover - accidental damage cover comes with it.

    • «
    • 1
    • »

    Add a Comment

    You must be a member to leave a comment

    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.