Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Camera Kit Insurance

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Rich_H
    Rich_H  10
    16 Jun 2004 - 8:50 AM

Hi Folks,

Can any of you recommend a good insurance company (in the UK) who insure camera equipment?

I have recently upgraded some of my kit and I would like to make sure that it is sufficiently covered. (I have checked my home & contents insurance and it does offer enough cover).

Many thanks

Rich.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Jun 2004 - 8:50 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

craigdonnelly
    16 Jun 2004 - 10:12 AM

If your house insurance does offer enough cover - why look elsewhere? If its a typo - and your policy doesnt cover it - can you not get it added onto it for a small premium? If you have "personal possessions" cover - you can tag it onto that.

zeus68
    zeus68  1064 forum posts
    16 Jun 2004 - 12:12 PM

Make sure you have a good contents insurance which coveres for accidental damage and loss or theft outside your home or abroad for personal belongings. I am with Direct Line but there are loads of companies to cover you for home contents

Rich_H
    Rich_H  10
    16 Jun 2004 - 1:01 PM

Ok, spot the typo!

My house insurance does *not* offer enough cover, specifically for a single item.

I will investigate if I can get the gear added as separate items though.

Thanks.

lordposh
    lordposh  1045 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Jun 2004 - 1:19 PM

have you tried getting cover just for your camera? some companies are reasonably and for a few pounds a month you would have some good cover..
    Check out this link..

www.eandl.co.uk/uk-photographic-equipment-insurance.htm

Roger..

cal9
    cal9  1099 forum posts
    16 Jun 2004 - 1:27 PM

We're covered with Lloyds TSB Building and Contents Insurance. I recently made a claim because my son knocked my Canon T70 off the kitchen worktop, they paid out for an equivilant replacement (Canon 300V) minus the excess (50) All I had to do was to get a letter from Jessop's stating that it was beyond reasonable financial repair.

:O)
    Alan

craigdonnelly
    17 Jun 2004 - 12:27 PM

Entertainment & Leisure will do it but beware the excess.......its usually a percentage of the sum insured with a minimum figure - which is often more than a usual home contents policy (i'm an insurance broker btw.....) - but it could be worth checking out.

As for the single item limit on your existing policy - most stuff we deal with these days is 1500. Spose it depends on the exact kit you've got but as a single item - that should be enough? My 10D comes in at under that......if u include the lens the it tips over.....but thats 2 items.....not 1! As for accidental damage cover - if you've got "personal possessions" cover - accidental damage cover comes with it.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.