Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Camera lens combination

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MichaelTuska
    26 Jan 2013 - 5:13 PM

Sold my 7D, 24-105 and 70-200F4 some 6 months ago and bought into Sony NEX7, 5n and various lenses (16mm, 18-55 , 55-210 and 30mm macro) plus RX100 compact.
    Love them and suit my preferred areas of "Street', 'Candids', Documentary, whilst retaining suitability for my occasional forays back into 'Flora' and 'Travel'
    Getting very good results and the quality and image sharpness excellent . Probably go for my 'Associateship' (Contemporary division) RPS in April, based on the results I have obtained with this set up and my chosen panel images.

However!
    Can't explain it, but, I do miss, from time to time, the feel and different operational buttons , dials etc of a DSLR.
    Obviously cost is a factor, but I have decided that the Canon 60D would be a suitable diversion from time to time particularly the flip out rear screen facility for low ground shots. Don't need the fps speed and I am sure I could live with the fewer focal points.
    Flora and Travel and general photography would be the main uses .It would satisfy my needs from time to time.

What would you recommend as the lens? short zoom say up to 135mm. One to cover general situations. Canon, Sigma, OR, maybe?? the Tamron 18-270

To sum up, Preferably Canon (60D) and ONE suit all, short to medium zoom.
    Budget say, 750.00 tops so therefore looking part on used market

Thanks
    MT

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Jan 2013 - 5:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41046 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England136 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2013 - 5:23 PM

Canon 15-85.... highly recommended, 90% of my images were taken on it, higher percentage for travel stuff.

mikehit
    mikehit  56450 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2013 - 7:07 PM

For travel I would say the Tamron 18-270 which also has a decent macro (or maybe more accurately close-up) ability. With the 60 D that would be a total a little over 800 so you may need to stretch your budget if you want new, but here is a second hand version that will bring you well within budget

http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/used-equipment/used-lenses/used-canon-fit-lense...

Xpharm
    Xpharm  1 England
    27 Jan 2013 - 3:00 PM

I have found the Tamron 18-270mm very satisfactory as a one lens, one camera combo. The IS function works well. Obviously much more reach than the Canon 17-85mm I had previously (which also had significant distortion at the wide end). No lens is perfect and the Tamron is quite heavy but it feels OK on my 40D. The major disadvantage is it isn't that wide at 18mm. To that extent the 15-85mm has its attractions.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Jan 2013 - 4:14 PM

I like the extra reach of the Tamron 18-270, but I think the Canon 15-85 is sharper, although the actual lens is larger and heavier than the Tamron.

3_Wheels
    3_Wheels e2 Member 23_Wheels vcard England
    30 Jan 2013 - 4:01 PM

The only lens I used on my 450D was Canon's EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM. Possibly the best all round lens I've used.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.