Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

Camera RAW

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114491 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2012 - 7:29 PM

Just updated my versions, I personally can't understand why Canon users would want to use anything else! But there you go, hey ho Wink

Ade

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Sep 2012 - 7:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
2 Oct 2012 - 11:13 AM

DPP saved my bacon recently after problems with LR3 - can't knock it for that reason.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
2 Oct 2012 - 11:37 AM

LOL....Horses for courses and all that jazz.....!!!

When it comes to software in particular photo software, Many many users seem to miss the disc that comes with their new cameras.

When you think about it, Its obvious, Why would a camera manufacturer supply you with a camera, But offer no means of using 100% of its features and functions.

Software though can/does not fit everyone's taste or personal likes/dislikes, I know many Canon users who hate Canon DPP, There are even more Panasonic users who despise " Silky Pix " software that is provided by Panasonic.....!!!

Its a bit like those who hate Windows and or Microsoft, For being successful and so much better than all the alternatives.....Grin..Tongue....Smile

Whatever, Each to his own as they say.....Wink

That said it seem odd not to at least try the free option supplied, Before dumping a pile of cash in Adobes direction....Or indeed reading the instructions supplied with any hard/softwares, Be that on a disc or on-line.....? ? ?

JJGEE
JJGEE  96276 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
2 Oct 2012 - 1:29 PM

Quote: Many many users seem to miss the disc that comes with their new cameras.

I did not but Sony's RAW conversion software is limited in features and those that are there are quite basic.

User_Removed
5 Oct 2012 - 5:52 PM

Still like DPP but just found out my problem wasn't with LR but a faulty card - same card used on different occasions produced some corrupted files, some were important shots from a wedding shoot - nightmare - but manged to salvage them using DPP software.

User_Removed
5 Oct 2012 - 11:08 PM

Quote: I know many Canon users who hate Canon DPP

I used to be one of them. The naff software I got with the 300D has evolved into something worlds apart. A lot of haters haven't given it a proper second chance.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2012 - 11:24 PM

Would it be worth trying DPP for RAW shots taken with my S100? Thing is, I've gone so used to using ACR for everything; I can do RAW conversions almost in my sleep with that! Wink

But I don't mind trying something else, if there is a distinct advantage.

colin beeley
colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 3:31 AM

it used to be crap not anymore just get the latest upgrade Wink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64341 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 10:32 AM

Colin, I upgraded to the latest DPP but can't see much, or any, difference. Do you know what changes have been made so that I can do a proper comparison? Smile

User_Removed
6 Oct 2012 - 10:52 AM

Slow, what was your previous version and what's your new version?

Very latest features are HDR and Digital Lens Optimiser. (see here)

06-10-2012-10-50-27.jpg

User_Removed
6 Oct 2012 - 10:54 AM

Learn about the new and improved features in DPP v3.11 with four new videos about the HDR tool, the Compositing Tool, Digital Lens Optimizer, and more

Videos HERE

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64341 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 11:18 AM

Thanks CL. Can't remember my last version. It came with E10. But it was very out of date. I think I did look through the vids but couldn't see anything that'd be of any use to me. Perhaps I didn't try hard enough. But I do like the Clarity slider in ACR which, as far as I can see, DPP doesn't have an equivalent.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43816 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 11:30 AM

I find I prefer ACR to DPP so have stuck with that. I have occasionally popped into DPP to see if there is anything new to get me to cross over, but still find that for me at any rate, ACR is preferrable.

In Norway there is a saying: "Smaken er som baken, den er delt" Personal taste is like your bum, split down the middle.

colin beeley
colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 1:13 PM

latest here you can lead a horse to water !

Last Modified By colin beeley at 6 Oct 2012 - 1:14 PM
strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 10:18 PM

I always remember the wise words of the late Stan Laurel

Quote: You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.