Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

camera straps

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
JimL
JimL e2 Member 780 forum postsJimL vcard United Kingdom
6 Aug 2013 - 7:01 PM

Thinking of buying an Op Tech camera strap. does any one have of these. do they slip off shoulder?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Aug 2013 - 7:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chris.maddock
6 Aug 2013 - 7:17 PM

Shouldn't do, they have little rubber "bumps" on the inside face to give grip. I dare say if you used it over a particularly smooth shirt or jacket (especially if wet) it might but I suspect not.

Very comfortable to use around the neck, they are nice and wide and slightly sprung so give the impression of the camera being lighter than it really is.

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82318 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2013 - 7:23 PM

I've used them for several years now and can vouch for them. That said, no matter the quality of the strap your neck will ache if the camera is heavy!

If buying I suggest looking around - I got my last 1 off ebay, brand new and in super quick time - all for about 12-13 if I remember correctly.

A.

JimL
JimL e2 Member 780 forum postsJimL vcard United Kingdom
7 Aug 2013 - 3:35 PM

Thanks for the response. will think about buying one.

Robert_Malcolm
8 Aug 2013 - 10:31 PM

Don't use any - broken too many long lenses on doorframes (and cracked a rib once with 'camera walking bounce'). I'm not naturally careful Smile

Carry camera in hand - no strap required, ever.

HJKeithW
HJKeithW  659 forum posts New Zealand
25 Aug 2013 - 6:23 AM

I have an Optech strap, used it for about 20 years. It goes around my neck and is much more comfortable than the 'kit' strap that comes with the camera

Evertonian
25 Aug 2013 - 9:12 AM

Buy the i-stay version from i-stay put.com amongst other places, very reasonable price too, you will be amazed. I have bought two and use them all the time.

Best thing since jam butties and it never slips an inch.

See also http://www.youtube.com/user/istayput

Last Modified By Evertonian at 25 Aug 2013 - 9:17 AM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2013 - 9:16 AM

Quote: Shouldn't do, they have little rubber "bumps" on the inside face to give grip.

But with a camera / lens costing in excess of 3,000 do you really trust the strap, even with the rubber bumps, not to slip off the shoulder ?

I certainly do not !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 25 Aug 2013 - 9:17 AM
geoffash26
geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Aug 2013 - 5:59 PM

This style of strap is the way to go No slipping off and a lot easier on the neck

Last Modified By geoffash26 at 27 Aug 2013 - 5:59 PM
Taff
Taff  959 forum posts Scotland
28 Aug 2013 - 3:56 PM

Quote: This style of strap is the way to go No slipping off and a lot easier on the neck

Thanks for the Link Geoff - I was just about to post a similar question to the OP then read through this one and saw your post Smile

Just spent some time on Amazon ordering one for me and one for Mrs Taff.

colin beeley
colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 5:23 PM

should have got one of these they are very good i have two Wink

mikehit
mikehit  56329 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 8:21 AM

I agree colin. I have one for my MFT camera - I can't quite bring myself to trust it with my 7D, though.

colin beeley
colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 5:50 PM

mike i have used mine with a canon 1d mk iii & my canon 300 2.8 L IS & not had a problem , so little cameras & small lens's know problem Wink

DerekL
DerekL e2 Member 9101 forum postsDerekL vcard England23 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 7:21 PM

I've used an Optech strap with my Canon 30/40D's + Canon 500mm F4 L IS for 4 years now. Great strap and much more comfortable than original camera straps.

dcash29
dcash29  81905 forum posts England
30 Aug 2013 - 8:30 AM

I have the Op/Tech Reporter Strap. Excellent.

Concerning slipping off your shoulders, depends if you have sloping shoulders. The answer would be yes in that case.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.