Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

camera straps

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

bobhp
bobhp  2
5 Sep 2013 - 8:03 AM

Quote: I have the Op/Tech Reporter Strap. Excellent.

Concerning slipping off your shoulders, depends if you have sloping shoulders. The answer would be yes in that case.

Yes agree with this I have sloping shoulders and have never had a strap that would stay put, I now use a black rapid although any strap that is designed to be worn diagonally would do me OK.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Sep 2013 - 8:03 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB
KevSB  101408 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
5 Sep 2013 - 8:20 AM

Quote: This style of strap is the way to go No slipping off and a lot easier on the neck

These are the best way to carry cameras in my opinion, used them for years. Known as black Rapids(expensive) you can get them unbranded from eBay and worth every penny.

I still carry/brace for control in the hand when moving but when chatting or standing watching I can drop the camera to my side and rest my arm. or eat my chips lol.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Sep 2013 - 9:13 AM

Quote: They do slip off the shoulder but only if you buy the cheaper ones.

I guess my Optech strap is one of the cheaper ones.

Which are the non cheaper brands ?

mikehit
mikehit  56542 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Sep 2013 - 9:25 AM

I have an Optech sling and the shoulder pad is neoprene and it most definitely does not slip - it is the Utility Strap (see colinbeeley's link on the previous page).
The only thing I do not like about it is that the camera connects to the sling using a fastex buckle and I get a bit apprehensive in crowded places because it would be easy to undo the buckle and make off with the camera. So I have bought some of those slim Velcro straps to go round the buckle - the total price is still much cheaper than one of the SunSniper slings.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.