Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Camera trap catches photographer inside protected tern enclosure

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318449 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 1:17 PM

The Coastal Ranger at Blakeney and Norfolk police are looking to identify a photographer who was caught on camera inside a protected tern enclosure. The photographer could face a six month prison sentence.
http://birdersagainst.org/bird-photographers-do-you-recognise-this-person/

Maybe the lens he was carrying was too long to read the keep out sign? Or do photographers expect special rights?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Jul 2014 - 1:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53651 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 1:28 PM

Initially 6 months sounded extreme, but his chap seems to know what he was doing with all that gear - its bad that he did not understand rules apply to all.

Lynx08
Lynx08 e2 Member 61234 forum postsLynx08 vcard England
29 Jul 2014 - 1:55 PM

He's a bl**dy idiot is what he is. Isn't his lens long enough to capture what he wants! If not then he doesn't need the photo. Hope he's caught and 6 months is deserved.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023103 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 2:04 PM

I can't see him!

Oh....wait a minute.......got him. Tongue

WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41056 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England136 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 2:30 PM

Obviously knew what he was doing keeping his head and face well concealed.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023103 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 3:43 PM

Professional wildlife photographers have no face. They spend thousands having camouflaged skin grafted onto their facial muscles. If you find a dead one the only way to ID it is to take a corneal biopsy.

conrad
conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 3:56 PM

What a plonker. Clearly one of those that feel that the objective - the pictures he wants to shoot - justify the means, and justify breaking the law. How arrogant. And yes, I agree, it looks like he's aware of the security cam and has taken precautions. Hopefully he'll be recognised anyway.

mikehit
mikehit  56541 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 5:02 PM

Quote: What a plonker. Clearly one of those that feel that the objective - the pictures he wants to shoot - justify the means, and justify breaking the law. How arrogant. And yes, I agree, it looks like he's aware of the security cam and has taken precautions. Hopefully he'll be recognised anyway.

Even if he is recognised I doubt there will be enough evidence to get a successful prosecution. Sad

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 1037 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
29 Jul 2014 - 6:54 PM

Neighbours might recognise some of the garb and police might find photos enough to get him to confess.

Sure I read somewhere about seabirds thriving due to their their being landlines in the area (which they wouldn't set off but humans would).

This guy's done wrong but keep the max sentences for the egg collectors. I hope his camouflage meant he totally didn't want to disturb the birds and it wasn't just to avoid detection by the authorities.

lawbert
lawbert  71714 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 7:12 PM

Lock him up,

The countryside is currently inundated with people that have no respect for anything other than themselves.

At a local RSPB site on Saturday which isnt manned there was a soppy old tart with her darling dog!!

I love dogs and he was a cute little chap...But she should have been shot from a tower to protect our ever dwindling wildlife.

Its so important that we protect and look after our wildlife or it will be gone forever by obtrusive interventionSad

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 29 Jul 2014 - 7:21 PM
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43956 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 7:38 PM

Some posts have had to be deleted.
Please put your handbags away.Smile

Last Modified By saltireblue at 29 Jul 2014 - 7:39 PM MODERATOR POST
lawbert
29 Jul 2014 - 7:43 PM

Dont be soppy Malc

Put your brain in gear and stop deleting pertinent points in a thread

You and the mods will kill this siteSadSadSadSadSadSadSad

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43956 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 7:53 PM

Calling people Mr Numpty and telling them they'd clicked the "I'm a ****" box was your effort, lawbert...hardly pertinent...and no, the smileys at the end don't disguise anything...now grow up

Last Modified By saltireblue at 29 Jul 2014 - 7:56 PM MODERATOR POST
lawbert
29 Jul 2014 - 8:02 PM

And you deleted a line out of my post left?

Which challenged the original poster of the thread?

Please just manipulate the whole thread to how you perceive it should be...with your completely blinkered attitude.

I do have screen shots of every post on this thread so I will be taking this further,

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95919 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 9:24 PM

Come on mods

Let the members have their saySmile

If it isn't racist or blasphemous what is the problem?

Back to the OP, this sort of thing goes on all the timeSad

It's the shot that matters - IS IT?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.