Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Camera trap catches photographer inside protected tern enclosure

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
29 Jul 2014 1:17PM
The Coastal Ranger at Blakeney and Norfolk police are looking to identify a photographer who was caught on camera inside a protected tern enclosure. The photographer could face a six month prison sentence.
http://birdersagainst.org/bird-photographers-do-you-recognise-this-person/

Maybe the lens he was carrying was too long to read the keep out sign? Or do photographers expect special rights?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2014 1:28PM
Initially 6 months sounded extreme, but his chap seems to know what he was doing with all that gear - its bad that he did not understand rules apply to all.
Lynx08 e2
6 1.2k England
29 Jul 2014 1:55PM
He's a bl**dy idiot is what he is. Isn't his lens long enough to capture what he wants! If not then he doesn't need the photo. Hope he's caught and 6 months is deserved.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
29 Jul 2014 2:04PM
I can't see him!

Oh....wait a minute.......got him. Tongue
WhiteRose1 e2
4 1.1k 137 England
29 Jul 2014 2:30PM
Obviously knew what he was doing keeping his head and face well concealed.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
29 Jul 2014 3:43PM
Professional wildlife photographers have no face. They spend thousands having camouflaged skin grafted onto their facial muscles. If you find a dead one the only way to ID it is to take a corneal biopsy.
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
29 Jul 2014 3:56PM
What a plonker. Clearly one of those that feel that the objective - the pictures he wants to shoot - justify the means, and justify breaking the law. How arrogant. And yes, I agree, it looks like he's aware of the security cam and has taken precautions. Hopefully he'll be recognised anyway.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2014 5:02PM

Quote:What a plonker. Clearly one of those that feel that the objective - the pictures he wants to shoot - justify the means, and justify breaking the law. How arrogant. And yes, I agree, it looks like he's aware of the security cam and has taken precautions. Hopefully he'll be recognised anyway.

Even if he is recognised I doubt there will be enough evidence to get a successful prosecution. Sad
Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
29 Jul 2014 6:54PM
Neighbours might recognise some of the garb and police might find photos enough to get him to confess.

Sure I read somewhere about seabirds thriving due to their their being landlines in the area (which they wouldn't set off but humans would).

This guy's done wrong but keep the max sentences for the egg collectors. I hope his camouflage meant he totally didn't want to disturb the birds and it wasn't just to avoid detection by the authorities.
lawbert e2
7 1.8k 15 England
29 Jul 2014 7:12PM
Lock him up,

The countryside is currently inundated with people that have no respect for anything other than themselves.

At a local RSPB site on Saturday which isnt manned there was a soppy old tart with her darling dog!!

I love dogs and he was a cute little chap...But she should have been shot from a tower to protect our ever dwindling wildlife.

Its so important that we protect and look after our wildlife or it will be gone forever by obtrusive interventionSad
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
29 Jul 2014 7:38PM
Some posts have had to be deleted.
Please put your handbags away.Smile
lawbert e2
7 1.8k 15 England
29 Jul 2014 7:43PM
Dont be soppy Malc

Put your brain in gear and stop deleting pertinent points in a thread

You and the mods will kill this siteSadSadSadSadSadSadSad
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
29 Jul 2014 7:53PM
Calling people Mr Numpty and telling them they'd clicked the "I'm a ****" box was your effort, lawbert...hardly pertinent...and no, the smileys at the end don't disguise anything...now grow up
lawbert e2
7 1.8k 15 England
29 Jul 2014 8:02PM
And you deleted a line out of my post left?

Which challenged the original poster of the thread?

Please just manipulate the whole thread to how you perceive it should be...with your completely blinkered attitude.

I do have screen shots of every post on this thread so I will be taking this further,
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2014 9:24PM
Come on mods

Let the members have their saySmile

If it isn't racist or blasphemous what is the problem?

Back to the OP, this sort of thing goes on all the timeSad

It's the shot that matters - IS IT?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.