Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

CameraWorld - anyone dealt with them before?

Overread e2
6 3.9k 18 England
19 Feb 2011 6:26PM
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Camera World before? Their website prides itself on several awards and they have tome shop photos. Specifically I'd be interested in knowing of any after sales support experiences (esp when purchasing via remote/net).

I'm curious since CameraPriceBuster lists them as having some low costs on gear and I just want to double check

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
19 Feb 2011 6:39PM
Camera World are a reputable company. They usually have a stand at Focus each year.
Nick_Hilton e2
9 562 2 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2011 6:56PM
I have bought several high priced items and had no issues
wrinkles e2
6 351 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2011 8:19PM
I have purchased from them,with no problems.
Overread e2
6 3.9k 18 England
19 Feb 2011 8:57PM
Many thanks for the response - sounds like its all good for Camera World Smile . Now all I have to do is overcome the pre-purchase fear!
HouseMartin e2
5 193 1 England
19 Feb 2011 10:10PM
Could not fault them and had nothing but praise for them until the time they screwed up an order of mine about a year ago.
The unprofessional attitude from staff that followed left me gobsmacked. Never been back since, nor recommended them. Hopefully it was a one off.
Paul
Metalhead
7 1.9k 2 England
21 Feb 2011 10:19AM
Only just seen this thread, but I bought my Sigma 17-70 from them a few years back. It seemed to suffer from the "soft focus on one side" issue.

I contacted them, they collected the faulty lens from my workplace and delivered a new one.

Pretty swift turnaround, and personally I found the staff friendly on the phone. I'd recommend them and use them again too.
21 Feb 2011 1:35PM
Bought my last camera from them I got a great price, cheaper than Warehouse Express at the time on my camera. Good communication during and after.
Adrian
Toonman e2
7 1.4k 2 England
22 Feb 2011 6:53AM
100% recommended.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.