Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Can anyone help?

graham14 4 4 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2012 4:05PM
Hi all, I am trying to upload some shots to my E2 portfolio but when I click upload image I get a message saying image too small. The images are exported from aperture to desktop then uploaded from there. Never had the problem in the past. It seems every image in my apeture liberty is tiny in size but meta data still shows them as the original file size.

I should point out that I have only recently started using aperture so am thinking I may have inadvertantly clicked on a command by mistake. Any ideas?

Cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2012 4:26PM
Sunds to me as if you may be exporting them as small email size.

When you're in your Aperture library page, at the top you can click on 'export original' or 'export version'.....this then brings up a dialogue box, and the top line is"Export preset'.......click on the arrow at the side and it offers a choice of sizes for your export......JPEG 1024 x1024 is a reasonable size to use for epz, or if you go to the 'edit' at the bottom you van make up your own size (epz automatically re-sizes them anyway, so it's not crucial)......one of the options in 'Export preset' is small email, and maybe you have that selected?

Hope that helps,

Roger.
graham14 4 4 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2012 5:22PM
Cheers Roger, Ive got it set to jpeg original so it's not that. Its driving me nuts!
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2012 7:30PM
Are you storing your images in the Aperture library, or have you got them as referenced files on a hard disc? If they're referenced files, I wonder if you're exporting the thumbnail....just a thought.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
8 Sep 2012 11:40PM
I can't help with your problem but I would suggest that when you get it sorted out, that you resize your images yourself and upload them at the correct size.

I'd never let Epz. resize my uploads.
PaulSR 9 511 England
9 Sep 2012 9:07AM
If you are exporting from the desktop, then they will be the thumbnails. thats what it sounds like to me

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.