Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Can anyone on the site read Hebrew?

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Original question answered. Thread has deteriorated into personal attacks.

CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2006 2:00PM

Quote:Tried Mel Gibson?

now thats very funny...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

4 Aug 2006 2:04PM
Thanks LAF. I was hoping it may reveal more than that. Sad Oh well, I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled in the meantime.

Keith, it's always worth checking incase t'others have missed something.

Maliciuos types (and I know of one who printed t-shirts with Japanese writing on them) can have allsorts of fun with the language barrier. :S
sophis e2
8 136 6 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2006 2:43PM
I put the text in to a translator and heres what it came up with, dont know if anyone can make any sense of it

Lest her member there is Httla Aoboab out there will be a captor
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
4 Aug 2006 2:45PM
Oh my god......surely it can't be.....?
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2006 2:47PM
Yes it is, news of the Sigma SD11 at last.
keithh e2
4 Aug 2006 2:50PM
Damn it.....I thought Httla Aoboab was Hebrew for Fuji S4 'Pro'
strawman e2
4 Aug 2006 3:02PM
The correct translation is

"Praise be Sigma have at last released a new SLR. Death to Mel Gibson"

You will instantly see that the femal member is a crude translation of Mel Gibson
spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
4 Aug 2006 3:07PM
It's announcing the arrival of the brand new state-of-the-art 60mp Canon EOS harDon. Rumour has it that it suffers from almost no vignetting with some lenses.
strawman e2
4 Aug 2006 3:09PM
I wonder if its kit lens is delivered with a hood?
Mitzi 9 1.0k
4 Aug 2006 5:11PM
I suspect they have circumvented the hood. That may not be quite the right word but very near. You are a very evil person John. Beware the Israelis. They will get you. Look what they are doing to Lebanon - quite justifiably mind you. I saw a Lebanese ambulance on the telly - it had a cross on the roof and right in the middle of the cross there was a neat hole where the missile had gone in. Accurate stuff.
keithh e2
4 Aug 2006 5:35PM
Mitzi,

Heal thyself....and do it quickly.
spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
4 Aug 2006 5:43PM

Quote:Mitzi,

Heal thyself....and do it quickly

Is "heal" being used as a euphemism here?
Mitzi 9 1.0k
4 Aug 2006 6:35PM
Hell Fire! Probably. Keith meant 'heel' I do suspect. Hmmmm. His first communication with Mitzi is an insult - at least I think it was an insult! The Israelis will get him. Anyone not against Islamic Fundamentalism must be nuts. The Middle East is becoming a disaster area and it is a real tragedy. There is nothing wrong with Islam but an awful lot wrong with Islamic Fundamentalism. I don't expect Keith to understand that mind you. He should stick to 'sharpening' and stay away from offering abusive advice to his elders. Mitzi is quite capable of dissecting one of his articles and he would not enjoy the result.
keithh e2
4 Aug 2006 6:56PM
Abusive?

My elders?
Wink
Mitzi 9 1.0k
4 Aug 2006 7:03PM
Keith - is that a 'smiley' I see before me handle towards my hand? OK. You are forgiven and you are now off my hit list. Strawman is always grossly insulting towards poor old Mitzi but I have forgiven him permanently. He can't help it. He hasn't yet forgiven me for buying a 20D and then replacing it with a 30D!

The problem with 'threads' like this one is that they so easily shift from humour to rancour and then people start to insult each other. I am a very kindly person and I never insult anybody but I always feel free to reply if people insult me!