Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Can anyone on the site read Hebrew?

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Original question answered. Thread has deteriorated into personal attacks.

Isn't an 'Elder' a tree that grows in a meadow?

Son of Wales Donald Peers sang a song about it. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Mitzi 9 1.0k
4 Aug 2006 7:40PM
Hell Fire again John! You must be nearly as old as me. Was Donald Peers the 'By a babbling brook' man? Just after the war? I remember it well. The age of real music!

I see that, like us, you are a cat family. I am fighting a vigorous rearguard action against any more than two. My namesake Mitzi is a female common tabby and the younger one. She lives in a state of armed neutrality with the elder ginger monster, Muffin, and you can see him in my P/F. The only good photo I have in there. Unfortunately Mitzi is very deluded and thinks she can walk on pond weed so she had another bath in the pond last night. I do suspect that Muffin had something to do with it. He can be most ungallant and thinks nothing of giving her a shove. I wouldn't mind too much but mad bugger always dries her with my towel and it makes a right mess of the bathroom.

I hope you are surviving in this new digital photography world! It does have advantages, I suppose, but people seem to be more interested in 'sharpening' than in photographs. I wonder if Cartier Bresson did sharpening? Sometimes I think I will take Strawman's advice and re-furbish my Leica or my Nikon FE.

Quote:Unfortunately Mitzi (the cat) is very deluded

Now why am I not surprised at that, Mitzi? Smile)

Quote:I hope you are surviving in this new digital photography world!

I was involved in the design of a 3 phase digital converter PSU 30 years ago! What's new? LOL

jas
Mitzi 9 1.0k
4 Aug 2006 8:00PM
I suppose Mitzi has no chance really of avoiding delusion. I am a psychologist and my dear lady wife (mad bugger) is a psychiatrist. Both cats have been fully analysed and we are at least aware of their delusions. They can hear the electric blanket switch on from three miles away and both arrive on the bed a few seconds later usually wet through and covered in mud. I am very critical of this behaviour but MB says I must accept them as cats and give them a big love-in. Muffin is a sucker for a love-in but I'm afraid Mitzi resists even a pat.

What has all this to do with Canon? Very simple. Cats don't lie to you just like my 30D doesn't lie to me. Both they and the 30D know how unrealistic I can be about their behaviour and forgive me.
KathyW e2
11 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
4 Aug 2006 9:00PM

Quote:They can hear the electric blanket switch on from three miles away and both arrive on the bed a few seconds later usually wet through and covered in mud.

MB is right - this is just normal acceptable cat behaviour.
Mitzi 9 1.0k
4 Aug 2006 9:14PM
Kathy - you are as big a sucker as MB. A female trait for which all males should be truly thankful.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
4 Aug 2006 9:17PM
Mitzi you are clearly either drunk or lacking any graces.

pack it in.
Mitzi 9 1.0k
4 Aug 2006 10:25PM
I am not drunk and I can do without your advice. It is grossly insulting and you don't have the wits to realise it. Publish an article and I will dissect it for you and give you some advice. Some of the stuff you write is just convoluted rubbish written with the intention of making yourself look very high and mighty and the great Panjandrum of the boards. You fail! You are now back on my hit list. I did warn you.

I will be fairly drunk about 0200 hours! We are now drinking very special Gin from Tescos with the occasional Plymouth variety thrown in to balance the act. If you grovel I might forgive you.

Strawman - you are not and never will be on my hit list because I like you. You can say anything about me that you wish to say. So there.
lighty e2
12 223 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2006 12:19AM
Mitzi,
I have had the misfortune to read this thread, you are now beginning to sound very silly.

Would you kindly keep your sentiments about the conflict to yourself or better still find the right place on the net to discuss these matters, also please do not be so bloody condescending to other members on here.
Regards
john