Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can anyone recommend a course?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Champagnecharlie

Hi all

I have taken up digital photography as a hobby. I have a canon 550d with the standard 18-55 lens and a tamron telephoto zoom. I have completed an NQ in camera techniques which covered things like shutter speed, aperture, ISO, painting with light, freezing movement etc. I am keen to keep developing my skills and probably the next step would be into portraiture or landscape (I'm interested in both!). I am in Scotland and it's hard to find courses which are at evenings/weekends. Can anyone recommend a course for me? I was thinking of trying an online one but not sure which is any good and I also worry about a lack of equipment ( apart from what I've mentioned above I just have a tripod). I'm hoping to add a 50ml and a wide-angle to my lens collection soon. Thanks for any comments/advice.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Apr 2012 - 4:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rossd
    rossd  111061 forum posts England
    18 Apr 2012 - 8:42 PM

This subject comes up quite frequently so have a look at previous 'photography course' topics

here

Also, Epz is a living, breathing and real time photography course! Ask questions, look at the work of others, look at the tutorials and put some images up for critique in the Critique Gallery and get constructive feedback. That's what I would suggest but I'm sure others will have different recommendations.

Last Modified By rossd at 18 Apr 2012 - 8:44 PM
    Champagnecharlie

Ok that's great thank you. Some of the residential courses look really good but are pricey! I think I'm going to look at the OU course which is a 10-week course abou 200 and see where I go from there. Will see if anyone else on here has done it. Thanks again!

petemasty
    petemasty  5155 forum posts England
    7 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Get hold of Amateur Photographer magazine. Or go to www.spi-photography-course.com.

Not done one of these course myself but I understand they are very helpful.

petemasty
    petemasty  5155 forum posts England
    7 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Www.spi-photography-courses.com

Proper address. Sorry

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 63272 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    7 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Loads of people on here have done, or know people who have done, the OU course. All say its an excellent. My wife completed it earlier this year & really enjoyed it. However be warned the last one starts in October this year so if you want to do it, get your application in soon as it may be oversubscribed. If you have an ILA you can use that to help pay for the course.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.