Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Can anyone recommend Bluetooth Speakers?

Dabber e2
12 171 England
23 Aug 2014 5:35PM
As an aging photographer I have kept pretty well up to-date with the various technologies required to keep abreast hardware and software.

But- for my music pleasure I am pretty well stuck with a CD home system, but my colleagues have put loads of my music on my new samsung s3 phone.
And the way that I can sort and listen to any of it, via headphones is amazing. So I thought why not try to use the phones capability to play through some speakers for home use.

I did a trawl on the web and there are obviously loads out there, but the costs vary so much.

Do any of you use Bluetooth for this purpose? (or is there a better way?) if so can I get decent results for, say fifty quid or less? and what models can you recommend?

Thanks for looking

Dabber

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
23 Aug 2014 5:48PM
My pal has one of these and it's amazing for the size and price. I'd personally want something more powerful like the KitSound or the August , they get great reviews too.
Ray12 e2
1 95 1 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2014 10:21PM
I have one similar to the ones Chris is on about, I used mine when I was in Hong Kong, I was able to get "BBC Radio 2" on my mobile and play it through one of these little speakers via Bluetooth, if you can get on with a base which you can charge up as well as the speaker its self.
RobboB e2
8 90 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2014 11:51PM
You can't get decent results for 50 or less. You can get decent results for 300 with the Ruark MR1s however.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
24 Aug 2014 8:35PM
I have one of those Chris, don't waste your money. Now, if you want the best of the best for the money, I use this: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloud/

Not much bigger than an ipad, blew Bose mini studio speaker out of the water in comparison tests, runs on built in rechargable battery or AC, adapter included, contains 4 amplifiers and a subwoofer vent, metal, is a guitar, keyboard, and microphone amplifier, bluetooth, and just about everything else. I use it as a guitar, keyboard, and Mike amp through my ipad and iphone, but mostly I just plug in my tiny Sony Walkman MP3 player and listen to audiophile quality sound. My wife had a garage sale awhile ago, and I set it up in an obscure setting, and had it playing some 50s and 60s Rock and Roll, and everybody was amazed, I had several offers of more than I paid for it. It's well worth the money.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
24 Aug 2014 8:58PM
1-iloud1-1.jpg

Here's my setup!
Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
24 Aug 2014 10:03PM
Lol, this is mine, I put phone just for show, I always play high bitrate mp3 or flac from the PC

p1120741-untitled-shoot.jpg

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
24 Aug 2014 10:46PM
I have several sets of earphones, of which the Sennheiser open ear pads are my favorite, and Bose open ear a close second, but a little too much bass. I'm listening to Mark Knophler's Father and Son, Irish Boy, and Sons of Scotland on my iloud right now, therapeutic!
Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
25 Aug 2014 12:08AM
I've two pairs of Sennheisers, both lower end models.

I had some Grados, but I managed to bust them playing too loud.

Current ones are these ! A make that aren't associated with high-end hi-fi but I kept reading reviews from serious hi-fi magazines and websites praising them and had to give them a try. Excellent audio quality, also incredibly comfortable.
I don't know of a quality bluetooth speaker for less than 50, but for 100 I can recommend the Xplorer . 10 Watt output, 10 metre rand and 10 hours of playback.
hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
11 Sep 2014 6:29PM
I have just invested 129 of my pocket money on the amazing.......

........CREATIVE LABS ...ROAR...

Just take a look and a listen on You Tube ..........then go to the Creative Labs UK web site.

It is more than just a speaker, it is a voice and music recorder in its own right via a mini SD card.....

A fantastic, beautifully designed bit of Audio equipment.

P.S. I have nothing whatsoever to do with Creative Labs.......just an extremely happy customer.

Hobbo
Dabber e2
12 171 England
15 Sep 2014 2:55PM
Thanks everybody for taking the time to read my post and then pass on your opinions and advice.

Obviously my main restriction was the outlay, in the end I decided to opt for the veho at 49ish.

For my requirements it fits the bill. It even has the mini SD card slot, which works a treat.
Bluetooth is good, and it certainly enables me to take advantage of the facilities on my Samsung S3.

No need to find the CDs and have them hanging about.

I'll now have to learn about creating playlists!

Cheers for now

Dabber

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.