Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Can anyone save my sanity!?

20 Feb 2012 3:48PM
Hi guys. Anyone out there in the Cradley Heath/Dudley area that knows of anything i can do/join thats FREE! Gonna go round the twist if i'm just going to work and then coming home to stare at my 4 walls especially when the better weather comes. Don't drive so it would have to be walkable mainly.

Thankyou my lovlies Wink

Kathryn

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

crookymonsta e2
6 705 10 England
20 Feb 2012 4:30PM
Ever thought about offering your services as a dog walker/sitter? Not only free, you would get paid for doing it which may enable you to pay for something more entertaining.

There are probably lots of volunteering opportunities in your area too.

Hope you find something.
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
20 Feb 2012 4:36PM
Cycling is a very pleasant way of travelling and seeing places.

I was a Scout Leader once - what about helping with Cubs/Guides/Beavers - they are always appreciative of helpers
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
20 Feb 2012 4:47PM
Check this out...Smile It might provide some good Photo Opportunities too, There is also the " Feel Good Factor " .....Grin

Heck they might even pay you....Wink
20 Feb 2012 4:50PM

Quote:Ever thought about offering your services as a dog walker/sitter? Not only free, you would get paid for doing it which may enable you to pay for something more entertaining.

There are probably lots of volunteering opportunities in your area too.

Hope you find something.

I did think of this option but as a very sqeamish individual i couldn't do the pooper scooper bit, i'd need a well trained pooch who could tidy up after themselves lol Tongue
20 Feb 2012 5:02PM

Quote:Check this out...Smile It might provide some good Photo Opportunities too, There is also the " Feel Good Factor " .....Grin

Heck they might even pay you....Wink

That looks good as i can't have pets in my apartment Smile
20 Feb 2012 6:01PM
dont know wether you are already a member but Dudley has a camera club

that would be one night a week taken care off.

dlp
20 Feb 2012 6:03PM
sorry its not FREE but only 20 per year
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Feb 2012 6:11PM

Quote:Don't drive so it would have to be walkable mainly

You could always take up hiking Smile
20 Feb 2012 6:16PM

Quote:Don't drive so it would have to be walkable mainly

You could always take up hiking Smile

Looking at the rambling club Paul. Love walking, something alitte more scenic and leisurely than the hour to and from work i do most days Tongue
20 Feb 2012 6:18PM

Quote:Dont know wether you are already a member but Dudley has a camera club

that would be one night a week taken care off.

dlp

Looked at that but have very low confidence at the moment so doing anything is going to be a challenge.
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2012 11:05AM

Quote:I did think of this option but as a very sqeamish individual i couldn't do the pooper scooper bit, i'd need a well trained pooch who could tidy up after themselves lol Tongue

Its easy - just do what some dog walkers do and hang it in a tree ........ (8o)
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
22 Feb 2012 4:06AM
Have you thought about volunteering?.......Great way to to get a social life, done a quick search for you for things around the Dudley area, see Here for the results, might be something there that interests you and doesn't clash with working hours....

Regards.....Ade
22 Feb 2012 7:39AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. If had the hours in the day it would be another job, didn't realise it would be so hard on my own in all ways Sad

Kathryn
Sooty_1 e2
4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2012 4:32PM
Why not set yourself a challenge to shoot your local area? If you stay within, say, a mile of your apartment, as the evenings get lighter (and weekends) you should have a few hours each day to shoot, then process images when it's darker. I bet within easy walking distance you have areas that are domestic, industrial, corporate, park, street, market, churchyard etc

It is hard to see your locality differently to the way you see it every day, but therein lies the challenge! Look online at what other local photographers have done and see if you can portray it in your own way, and look for interesting light too.

Nick

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.