Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can anyone save my sanity!?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2012 - 3:48 PM

Hi guys. Anyone out there in the Cradley Heath/Dudley area that knows of anything i can do/join thats FREE! Gonna go round the twist if i'm just going to work and then coming home to stare at my 4 walls especially when the better weather comes. Don't drive so it would have to be walkable mainly.

Thankyou my lovlies Wink

Kathryn

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Feb 2012 - 3:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

crookymonsta
crookymonsta e2 Member 6685 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2012 - 4:30 PM

Ever thought about offering your services as a dog walker/sitter? Not only free, you would get paid for doing it which may enable you to pay for something more entertaining.

There are probably lots of volunteering opportunities in your area too.

Hope you find something.

collywobles
20 Feb 2012 - 4:36 PM

Cycling is a very pleasant way of travelling and seeing places.

I was a Scout Leader once - what about helping with Cubs/Guides/Beavers - they are always appreciative of helpers

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2012 - 4:47 PM

Check this out...Smile It might provide some good Photo Opportunities too, There is also the " Feel Good Factor " .....Grin

Heck they might even pay you....Wink

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2012 - 4:50 PM

Quote: Ever thought about offering your services as a dog walker/sitter? Not only free, you would get paid for doing it which may enable you to pay for something more entertaining.

There are probably lots of volunteering opportunities in your area too.

Hope you find something.

I did think of this option but as a very sqeamish individual i couldn't do the pooper scooper bit, i'd need a well trained pooch who could tidy up after themselves lol Tongue

kathrynlouise
20 Feb 2012 - 5:02 PM

Quote: Check this out...Smile It might provide some good Photo Opportunities too, There is also the " Feel Good Factor " .....Grin

Heck they might even pay you....Wink

That looks good as i can't have pets in my apartment Smile

Craggwildlife
Craggwildlife e2 Member 571 forum postsCraggwildlife vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2012 - 6:01 PM

dont know wether you are already a member but Dudley has a camera club

that would be one night a week taken care off.

dlp

Craggwildlife
Craggwildlife e2 Member 571 forum postsCraggwildlife vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2012 - 6:03 PM

sorry its not FREE but only 20 per year

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314968 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2012 - 6:11 PM

Quote: Don't drive so it would have to be walkable mainly

You could always take up hiking Smile

kathrynlouise
20 Feb 2012 - 6:16 PM

Quote: Don't drive so it would have to be walkable mainly

You could always take up hiking Smile

Looking at the rambling club Paul. Love walking, something alitte more scenic and leisurely than the hour to and from work i do most days Tongue

kathrynlouise
20 Feb 2012 - 6:18 PM

Quote: Dont know wether you are already a member but Dudley has a camera club

that would be one night a week taken care off.

dlp

Looked at that but have very low confidence at the moment so doing anything is going to be a challenge.

collywobles
21 Feb 2012 - 11:05 AM

Quote: I did think of this option but as a very sqeamish individual i couldn't do the pooper scooper bit, i'd need a well trained pooch who could tidy up after themselves lol Tongue

Its easy - just do what some dog walkers do and hang it in a tree ........ (8o)

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2012 - 4:06 AM

Have you thought about volunteering?.......Great way to to get a social life, done a quick search for you for things around the Dudley area, see Here for the results, might be something there that interests you and doesn't clash with working hours....

Regards.....Ade

kathrynlouise
22 Feb 2012 - 7:39 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. If had the hours in the day it would be another job, didn't realise it would be so hard on my own in all ways Sad

Kathryn

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41181 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2012 - 4:32 PM

Why not set yourself a challenge to shoot your local area? If you stay within, say, a mile of your apartment, as the evenings get lighter (and weekends) you should have a few hours each day to shoot, then process images when it's darker. I bet within easy walking distance you have areas that are domestic, industrial, corporate, park, street, market, churchyard etc

It is hard to see your locality differently to the way you see it every day, but therein lies the challenge! Look online at what other local photographers have done and see if you can portray it in your own way, and look for interesting light too.

Nick

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.