Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can somebody explain...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mjsayles
    mjsayles  81019 forum posts
    22 Apr 2007 - 10:18 PM

A couple of months ago I persuaded my girlfriend and her mate to join EPZ. Both are into their photography, so I explained the site to them. They decided to join up, and I showed them how EPZ works.

Rather stupidly (as it turns out) I showed my girlfriend the gallery and got her to click on one of my photos - to show her the process of voting etc. Within hours her membership was blocked, and she got an email telling her why ("multiple accounts" or something like that). I can't remember now whether she emailed back or whether she got me to email, but either way one of us explained the situation. We never got a reply, and my girlfriend remained banned from EPZ. All because she clicked on my photo when I showed her the ropes. What a welcome to EPZ that was.

I presume it was because our logins came from the same IP.

The reason for bringing this up now is that I noticed a thread where Rodp accidentally posted as sammyboy. Obviously they're using the same computer sometimes, yet they haven't been banned for having multiple accounts on the same IP address.

So is my girlfriend ever going to be allowed to join EPZ or what? Not that she's very keen on the idea now, as you can imagine.

I think it's a bit sad of EPZ to take itself so seriously over the sake of a bloody click on a photo. Do you need me to send in a copy of each of our passports to prove we're two different people? Little Jo may remember that both my girlfriend and I were members of UKP about 5 years ago, without being booted off...

And if she is considered worthy enough to join, I'll put a bloody great post-it note on the monitor reminding her to never EVER click on one of my photos.

Rant over... for now.

Last Modified By Dave at 22 Apr 2007 - 10:20 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Apr 2007 - 10:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mdpontin
    mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
    22 Apr 2007 - 10:24 PM

Michael, there have been occasional problems with one person using two or more accounts on ePHOTOzine, hence the restrictions on that kind of activity. In the case of the situation of you and your girlfriend, I would recommend you raise this with the team through the 'Report problem' link. It will be investigated properly.

Thanks,
    Doug

mjsayles
    mjsayles  81019 forum posts
    22 Apr 2007 - 10:27 PM

Cheers for the reply Doug. I can understand that it does happen, just as it happens on many websites. But she did (or I did on her behalf, I can't remember now) email back to explain what was happening. It would have been nice to have got a reply...

dougv
    dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2007 - 10:30 PM

I would think there is a possibility the email has perhaps been lost somehow during the preparations for the site upgrade.
    If you put a report in I will see that it is allocated to someone to be dealt with.
    You can use this link to create a report.
    Doug Wink

IanA
    IanA  103048 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2007 - 10:33 PM

It is quite possible that, in the mayhem that has been the changeover to V4, it slipped through the net. As Doug says, a note through the 'Report Problem' link at the bottom of each page should now get it sorted. There are a number of cases where partners use the same PC so it shouldn't be a problem.

HIH

Ian

EDIT: Doug types faster! :lol:

Last Modified By Dave at 22 Apr 2007 - 10:34 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.