Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can someone help?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    17 Feb 2013 - 2:59 AM

I have a question if anyone could answered I would very much appreciate it.

I am trying to do certain shoots but having trouble executing them could someone explain simply how to conduct it.

1. Multiple exposure so you're in various places in the scene, could someone explain how to do this as I am trying and cant get some one on the same image more than once
    or I am completely understanding the meaning wrong. if anyone has examples I would love to see them.

2. Movement Blur, from what I believe it act's similar to painting with light which I can do. but I can't seem to get movement blur so it looks like a person has a trail behind them whilst
    walking or running. can anyone help me?

I am looking for settings and examples so I understand correctly. If you could explain it on a Nikon D3100 if not, Ill work out the entry process.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Feb 2013 - 2:59 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 41216 forum posts United Kingdom200 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Feb 2013 - 9:01 AM

The easiest way to shoot multiples of the same person, is to use a tripod. Shoot the same scene two or more times at the same exposure, moving to a different position each time, and then combine the shots using layers in photoshop.

To get motion blur the way you want it, you need to set your flash to 'rear curtain sync' so the flash fires as the shutter closes rather than as it opens. That way, you get blur before a sharp image, instead of sharp followed by blur (which looks wrong). You need to find the shutter speed that gives you the right amount of blur, then the flash gives you the sharpness at the end.

Nick

Last Modified By Sooty_1 at 17 Feb 2013 - 9:03 AM
    Ray12
    Ray12 e2 Member 175 forum postsRay12 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Feb 2013 - 2:57 PM

Check out "multiplicity photography tutorial" by photoextremist on youtube Grin

MikeChase
    MikeChase  1
    7 Mar 2013 - 8:03 AM

Hi! I agree with sooty. If you want to accomplish the multiplicity photography thing then you have to at least have some photoshop skills. And if you want to learn about light painting, I have an article about it in my blog: http://shootdigitalpicslikethepros.com/blog/trick-photography-tips-how-to-create... Cheers!

RavenTepes
    11 Mar 2013 - 6:04 PM

Quote: The easiest way to shoot multiples of the same person, is to use a tripod. Shoot the same scene two or more times at the same exposure, moving to a different position each time, and then combine the shots using layers in photoshop.

One thing that should probably be added is opt for a set white balance, rather than shooting in auto white balance. A little bit of difference (unless you're intending on combining as a HDR) can throw off the finished product. But On the same token, Merging them as a HDR using different exposures could prove to be an outstanding photo.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53668 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Mar 2013 - 2:53 PM

This is a multi shot exposure done as Sooty describes - http://www.ephotozine.com/user/jackalltog-97593/gallery/photo/slide---slide---slide-14504661
    It was done with photoshop elements.

You can also do a multishot exposure in a darkened space where you hold the shutter open and then briefly light the object as it moves from one place to the other. this was a circular garden spinner swinging through and arc as the flash gun fired on a strobe effect.
    http://www.ephotozine.com/user/jackalltog-97593/gallery/photo/garden-spinner-ornament-12391091

You could combine your blur movement with say a torch lighting your face - open the shutter for say 10 secs, flash the torch in you face, move to position 2 (blur) - flash the torch in your face again etc etc. Shutter closes - all done in one shot.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.