Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can someone help me with this one?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

18 Nov 2007 - 11:43 PM


Check out the picture in the link. How would one go about creating that reallg good effect on a picture? I'm sure it has a name but I don't know what it's called but it makes a photograph look like it has a texture.

Thanks for any help that's given Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Nov 2007 - 11:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

johnjrp e2 Member 10430 forum postsjohnjrp vcard Australia5 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2007 - 6:42 AM

I think its the 'fresco' filter in photoshop. If not go through the various filters and I'm sure you will find it. John

paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2007 - 9:41 AM

Its a second layer overlayed on the first. Ask the photographer how he did it. PAul

NikLG  81736 forum posts England
19 Nov 2007 - 9:49 AM

Yeah, just looks like a picture of a rough old wall stuck over the top ( with some desaturation on the underlying image and stuff too )

You could probably achieve the same thing in camera with a double exposure ( if your digital/film camera can do it ), or in the darkroom if you have ability..


20 Nov 2007 - 6:38 PM

Thanks guys, a layer over the top was what I initially thought, in the past I have tried doing that with not much success (well not as much as the pic in the link)
I will try the fresco filter though.


20 Nov 2007 - 6:41 PM

Go to the Adobe website and do a search for 'Decay brushes' there are lots of them that will allow you to achieve this effect very easily.

20 Nov 2007 - 6:54 PM

Simon, I downloaded them from the Adobe website but they don't seem to have gone into my brush palette Sad

20 Nov 2007 - 6:57 PM

You need to load them into PS.

Select the Brush tool, then at top of the screen where the brush size is displayed click the little 'down arrow'. In the box that now appears select the arrow that points to the 'right in the circle' and select the brush set from the list.

A lot of arrows there but I hope I made sense.

Last Modified By Simon_Palmer at 20 Nov 2007 - 6:57 PM
20 Nov 2007 - 7:06 PM

The ones I downloaded aren't there in the list with all the other brushes, I clicked on the circle with the arrow facing right and there's nothing in the list which says 'select brush set'.

20 Nov 2007 - 7:15 PM

You should be able to select 'Load Brushes' do this and then use the standard windows dialog box to select the file you saved. It should be an ABR file.

20 Nov 2007 - 8:35 PM

Got it!!

Thanks simon this is a great tool!

20 Nov 2007 - 8:36 PM

Glad you sussed it and happy to be of help. Looking forward to seeing the masterpiece Wink

Last Modified By Simon_Palmer at 20 Nov 2007 - 8:36 PM
20 Nov 2007 - 8:43 PM

I really like the effect it has on photo's so I think a bit of experimenting is in order Grin

20 Nov 2007 - 8:48 PM

Sorry for the free plug but my 'Zee Germans' set of photos used these brushes. Page 3 of My PF. Not exactly the same but gives you an idea.

Last Modified By Simon_Palmer at 20 Nov 2007 - 8:50 PM
20 Nov 2007 - 9:53 PM

I love 'fortified' the technique really does complement that photo that's exactly what I'm looking at achieving.

Thanks for all your help, your portfolio is fantastic.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.