Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can't think of witty title - so Hi!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Elemobe
    Elemobe  636 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2008 - 7:03 PM

Hi, have been lurking for a while so thought it was about time to jump in.

Starting to build my gallery, but it takes a while - I mean I have so many great ones to choose from (said, very sarcastically - lol).

I started with a Canon 350D 2 years ago and upgraded to a 40D in June. Sadly it has since died and is now in Canon intensive care, so presently I am cameraless (apart from a P&S). Hopefully will be up and running again soon - well if you call 4 weeks quoted by Canon as "soon"!

My real interest is portrait work because I enjoy working with people but as I live in the Lakes, good scenery abounds - so I enjoy landscapes as well. However, I do seem to have the special talent of making stunning scenery look a bit "hey ho" but hopefully that will improve given time and practice.

Love the work I have seen on here - very inspirational and I am in awe of the talent and skill.

Linda

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Oct 2008 - 7:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jeanie
    jeanie e2 Member 105967 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2008 - 7:13 PM

Hi Linda and welcome.
    Hope the camera gets well soon Smile

Jeanie

gary_d
    gary_d e2 Member 6510 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2008 - 7:15 PM

Hi Linda I did the mod on your shot I also did a nice one on the dog but can't upload it as you did not allow a mod, have you got your P/M switched on so I can tell you what I did. - gary

starliz
    starliz  91594 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2008 - 7:18 PM

Hi Linda and welcome Smile

Elemobe
    9 Oct 2008 - 11:09 PM

Thank you for the welcomes Smile

Gary, sorry, oversights on both counts. I have now changed a few of my settings including enabling PMs - look forward to hearing from you.

Linda

steve_eb
    steve_eb e2 Member 5345 forum postssteve_eb vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2008 - 8:44 PM

Hi Linda

I am a relative newbie to the site, about 2 months I think, gone by so easily don't now how long I been here.
    I have had some great advice and some good encouragement from peeps so I am sure you will too, welcome and enjoy.
    By the way green as hell for where you live I LOVE IT UP THERE, enjoy.

Steve

Elemobe
    11 Oct 2008 - 11:10 PM

Thanks Steve. Yep, it is pretty good up here - I miss urban life though sometimes, but then I just look outside and get over it pretty quick Wink

steve_eb
    steve_eb e2 Member 5345 forum postssteve_eb vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2008 - 2:39 PM

I take it you are an ex city girl then?
    Where you originally from then?
    I spent 5 out of 7 holidays up at the lakes always in the Autumn or winter, cant beat it.
    Hope you getting on ok with epz.

Steve

Elemobe
    12 Oct 2008 - 4:48 PM

Really like this forum - seems friendly but not too friendly i.e. people don't seem to just say "lovely" things about photos just for the sake of it. I need good (kind preferably) CC to improve. I have been subscribing to a Canadian site for a few months, which was fantastic, but really need to network with my fellow countrymen and it is so wonderful to see photos of places I either know or can travel to.

My only gripe is that there are so many wonderful images to look at, and so much activity - I spend way too much time here - lol

Moved up from Buckinghamshire, on the edge of the Chilterns - so London was only a 1/2 hr trip away. Have only been up here for 2 1/2 years, so still settling in. Prior to moving, we had only visited the Lakes for 3 weekends in our entire lives and then found a house (or house found us) that we fell in love with - 8 weeks later we were here!

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2008 - 6:05 PM

Quote: Really like this forum - seems friendly but not too friendly i.e. people don't seem to just say "lovely" things about photos just for the sake of it. I need good (kind preferably) CC to improve

You could give uploading to the Critique Gallery a try, Linda. Smile

Elemobe
    12 Oct 2008 - 6:14 PM

I will be, trust me I will. At the moment, a camera would be usefull - lol.

Although, to be honest, it is a bit scary. I have looked at a couple of mine I quite "like" but before I get around to posting, I have annihilated it myself (mentally, not actually of course!).

The "Critique" element here was a big incentive to subscribe and love reading other critiques.

steve_eb
    12 Oct 2008 - 6:56 PM

Although, to be honest, it is a bit scary. I have looked at a couple of mine I quite "like" but before I get around to posting, I have annihilated it myself (mentally, not actually of course!).

I was the same when I started, I looked for and found things that were not there on my shots didn't post shots that I liked cos I thought they were average.
    Soon got over that and posted shots I like and why I liked them and to my surprise I got good and constructive help comments that have moved me on tech wise.
    Nice part of the world the Chilterns been there several times too, you have good taste in places to live !

Good luck, Steve

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.