Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can't up load a photo lately

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Joline
    Joline e2 Member 7Joline vcard United States51 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Nov 2007 - 12:24 PM

For the last several days, I have been unable to upload a photo to the gallery or my portfolio. It started out being spotty, I could upload after several tries, but now, not at all. As soon as I go to "browse" the site shuts down completely. I have uploaded to two other sites, so I know it's not my program. I can view all the photos, and comment without difficulty. It is only when I try to upload that this happens. Sometimes it even shuts down my internet connection. Does anyone have any idea what is happening? I really miss not being able to exchange views on my photos. Thank you, Joline

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Nov 2007 - 12:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Nov 2007 - 12:26 PM

Sounds more like there is a problem with the directory that you are browsing for the image.

Do not see how accesing the upload page alone could cause the PC to shut down.

When you browse and have the problem is it a particular file that when selected causes the problem?

Joline
    23 Nov 2007 - 1:19 PM

Doesn't seem to be a particular file...after three tries this morning, I finally was able to upload an image to the gallery. It shuts down as soon as I select "browse". I don't get a chance to select an image.

csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Nov 2007 - 6:00 PM

Hmm, that's why I was wondering if the first file in the directory is corrupt, was hoping one of the ePZ techies would have helped you by now as I had time to drive 190 miles since my last post.

So I'll post to bump it back up the list and hope someone else can shed some light.

Or use the report errors button at the bottom of the screen

Joline
    23 Nov 2007 - 9:35 PM

Thanks, I will report it. Haven't heard from any of the techies yet.

davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    27 Nov 2007 - 9:34 AM

csurry is right, we have hundreds of people that are able to upload every day without a problem so it seems that the problem is more to do with your PC rather than the website.

From what is sounds like to me, is possibly a memory leak or a corrupted file on your PC. I would suggest downloading and running Spybot Search & Destroy as often, spyware/adware can cause problems like this. Secondly, run a Defrag.

How to Defrag
    Spybot Search & Destroy

Needless to say, its also important to have an up-to-date anti-virus installed on your computer as its quite easy to get a virus these days through email or other websites. The common mistake people make however is that they have an up-to-date anti-virus, but they never schedule it to run. I suggest running the anti-virus AT LEAST once a month, but recommend once a week. Its well worth it rather than having your computer infected and lose your data on your computer.

Hopefully, some of this will help.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 27 Nov 2007 - 9:35 AM
    davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    27 Nov 2007 - 9:36 AM

Im moving this topic to the Computers forum as hopefully some of the other Techheads can help out on this.

Joline
    27 Nov 2007 - 12:13 PM

Thanks, I will try spybot. I have defraged and run the virus scan that I use (Avast), but it never hurts to try something new. I appreciate your answer.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Nov 2007 - 12:21 PM

If Spybot doesn't do the job you can grit your teeth and shell out the massive sum of 15 for SpyNoMore.

It has successfully removed malware, which SpyBot and AdAware failed to do, and which has been proving a bit of a problem for me recently. It is the only one of the many anti-spyware software progs that offers a customised service, where the staff will actually write a fix for you if all else fails.

But do try SpyBot in the first instance. It may be all you need. It's all I've ever needed until recently.

Last Modified By Carabosse at 27 Nov 2007 - 12:22 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.