Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can't wait to get home now.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Goldfynche
17 Jun 2013 - 10:37 AM

I have been staying with my daughter for several weeks, in Scotland. But tomorrow I return home to London. I use my Nikon very little now and hardly ever take it with me when I go away anywhere.
I joined this forum whilst I was up here and cannot begin to stress how much I have been newly inspired by the stunning quality of the amazing pictures I have seen here. I am so looking forward to getting out and about with renewed enthusiasm with it, when I get home.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Jun 2013 - 10:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64387 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2013 - 11:55 AM

Nice one Goldfynche. Sometimes we need to get of a rut and your trip to Scotland and EPZ seem to have done the trick for yourself. SmileSmileSmile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43855 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway24 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2013 - 1:21 PM

A bit of outside inspiration often helps. We all go through periods where motivation is either partially or completely reduced, such are we humans. Glad to hear your shutter finger is itching again.Smile

Malc

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42311 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
17 Jun 2013 - 1:33 PM

I hope this doesn't mean we will lose you from the Word Association threads!! Wink

Lou

Goldfynche
17 Jun 2013 - 5:00 PM

Quote: I hope this doesn't mean we will lose you from the Word Association threads!! Wink

Lou

I actually thought I might have been banned, for over use.

Goldfynche
18 Jun 2013 - 10:58 AM

OK. Leaving soon. 450 miles. 8 Hours (give or take) Passing through some of the country's most spectacular scenery. The Cumbrian mountains. The Pennines. Sherwood Forest. Passing not one, but two Eddie Stobart depots! And the most mortal of sins! No camera! Blush
Perhaps I should expect to be drummed out of the forum! Sad

polis_928tadw59

Huh, you've taken the wrong route to get darn sarf. You should have gone through Northumberland and Geordieland, where you would have marvelled at such exotic scenery.Grin On second thoughts if you had travelled the way I suggest, you would probably have wanted to stay full time; thereby being nearer to your family.Smile
Have a safe journey home.

Railcam
Railcam  7470 forum posts Scotland
18 Jun 2013 - 2:03 PM

Eh? Northumberland just goes on and on and on. Mile upon mile of nothing. Tongue

polis_928tadw59

Quote: Eh? Northumberland just goes on and on and on. Mile upon mile of nothing. Tongue

You mean mile upon mile of beauty. Except when you get near Ashington and Blyth, but then the inhabitants are beautiful, - the wimin and lasses, as well.Grin
The Northumberland anthem, sung to the accompaniment of the Northumbrian Pipes, " Northumberland the golden, with beor and footbaal blessed."Tongue

Goldfynche
18 Jun 2013 - 11:02 PM

We drive up the A1 until Scotch Corner then turn onto the A66 over the Pennines to the M6. Drove straight up the A1 to Newcastle once, to the The Angel of the North. We blinked and nearly missed it!

Made my daughters day today. Saw this at Scotch Corner. Guess what her name is?

16-image.jpg

Goldfynche
19 Jun 2013 - 10:19 AM

OK. For the very first time. I'm in the forum on my iMac at home. An iPad is all very well. But the pictures etc. don't compare to a full sized screen.
Re-aquainted myself with the Nikon last night also. cant wait to get out with it again asap.

polis_928tadw59
19 Jun 2013 - 12:39 PM

Good photo of the Stobart heavy. I did not realise they named their lorries. There used to be a transport firm - Robson's of Carlisle, and they named all their artics. "Border Princess; Border Regent; etc., etc. They may have been taken over by Stobarts many years back. Not many people know that (re Robson's) not even Michael Caine.Tongue

Railcam
19 Jun 2013 - 1:17 PM

Yes, as far as I know every Stobart lorry carries a girl's name on the front.

Goldfynche
19 Jun 2013 - 2:59 PM

Er....There is just one boys name!
Have you not been enthralled by the TV programme that's currently showing?
And I only got that pic on an iphone because we were stuck in a traffic jam at Scotch Corner. I did see him earlier, parked in a layby on the A66.
There is also a thriving fan club, for the company. As I said before. My daughter was over the moon to see her name on one. Though it was only a matter of time.

Railcam
19 Jun 2013 - 3:02 PM

Quote: Er....There is just one boys name!

That's why I started my post with "as far as I know". Thanks for updating. Smile
Keith

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.