Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can we have a new image category please?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2008 - 9:38 PM

I followed and even contributed to the really interesting threads on DA and DM images and why they may or may not have a home here on EpZ - but those discussions have prompted me to ask if it might be possible to create another category that is probably just as big but is not currently served.

Can we please have a marine or seascape search and select category - it is an absolute nonsense that we make the fine distinctions between DA and DM and Fashion and Nude and 'Raunchy' but at the moment if I want to upload an image of a boat all I have is Transport - if I want to upload an image of a lake or a river all I have is landscape.

So please lets have something like 'Water' as an extra category?

Can it be done?

Best wishes

Robert

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Aug 2008 - 9:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2008 - 9:45 PM

Hi Robert.
I have submitted a report for you and put it in as a suggestion.
We just have to be careful that we don't create too many categories and make the site confusing for uploading and searching.

Doug Smile

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2008 - 9:49 PM

What about skyscapes?!!!
And please, let us not fall into the time old mistake of ignoring ponds and muddy puddles.

Paintman
Paintman e2 Member 7853 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom173 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2008 - 9:55 PM

Not forgetting the underrated ditches and dykes catagorySmile

ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2008 - 10:07 PM

Well I don't see what is wrong with requesting a maritime category given the current range - I find Boyds and Paintmans reaction a little confusing to be honest (I assume they are requesting categories for Skyscapes, puddles, ponds, ditches and dykes - are these all seperate or could we group them all together perhaps as 'water' as origina;;y suggested - then again perhaps there is another category that would embrace them?)

Cheers Doug and thanks for taking the suggestion seriously.

Best

Robert

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2008 - 10:13 PM

I think they are suggesting that if you expand the categories too much then potentially it is never ending Wink

But did it in their own inimitable style!

Whay are seascapes not just another form of landscape?

Should wildlife and nature be a combined category - on and on it can go. Trying to keep it simple has been the principle so far.

User_Removed
19 Aug 2008 - 10:13 PM

Quote: if I want to upload an image of a lake or a river all I have is landscape.

Aren't they part of The Landscape....... Would agree with Seascapes.....

Col

User_Removed
19 Aug 2008 - 10:17 PM

It's late; I'm tired and starting to relax but, for the infirm of mind, could someone clarify 'DA' and 'DM' please?

( I just know I'm going to regret asking this... Wink )

Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 19 Aug 2008 - 10:17 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014794 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2008 - 10:20 PM

Paul Indigo was compiling a list of categories - he got LOADS last time I asked! stuff you'd never think of!

Kris_Dutson
19 Aug 2008 - 10:20 PM

Quote: could someone clarify 'DA' and 'DM' please?

I'm guessing Digital Art and Digitally Manipulated.

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 19 Aug 2008 - 10:21 PM
csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2008 - 10:21 PM

Quote: Paul Indigo was compiling a list of categories - he got LOADS last time I asked! stuff you'd never think of!

Sad Smile

Better to be out photographing rather than thinking up categories to upload your none existent photos in to!

ketch
19 Aug 2008 - 10:23 PM

Digital Art and Digitally Manipulated - sorry MIke it is late...

I mean if we make such a fine distinction I would suggest seascapes and landscapes are equally different? Maybe its just me, but they seem pretty different imo

Best

Robert

PS Yes wildlife and nature do seem to be much closer in terms of definition than seascape and landscape imo

Last Modified By ketch at 19 Aug 2008 - 10:26 PM
Kris_Dutson
19 Aug 2008 - 10:26 PM

I agree.

User_Removed
19 Aug 2008 - 10:28 PM

Thanks peeps - I have it now.

zzzzz Wink zzzzzzz

looboss
looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2008 - 4:59 AM

I recently uploaded some very nice cave shots, not really landscape or architecture so can we have an underground category? It felt wrong uploading it to the transport category LOL!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.