Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can we have some new categories ... Please...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

montechoro
montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2009 - 3:40 PM

James - just for the record - I don't lack the wit to read or understand what is in front of me, I understand your posts very well - and your comments are heavily sarcastic - even the last one.

A sad day for the forum when people can't be civil to each other

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Aug 2009 - 3:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesBurns
25 Aug 2009 - 3:44 PM

Robert,

I'm going to look at it this way:

You want additional categories. I think they're a waste of time and resources. We have different opinions that are unlikely to ever converge any time in the near future.

Everything I say, you will counter with your own counter-opinion. Similarly I will riposte (whilst possibly being criticised for calling myself names). Both of us will believe 100% in our own point of view and because of that, this discussion will go round in a circular motion until the world ends, the forum explodes, or one of us dies.

That being the case (and the case being a given that I would rather eat my laptop, sideways, than continuing in the current vein), then I think we should agree to disagree and move on with our lives.

In the end, either you'll get the additional categories/subcategories, and be happy (and I won't give a crap). Or you won't, and this thread will trundle on until the end of time like those ridiculous word association threads (and I still won't give a crap because I'm happy with the categories that we've got anyway). In the meantime, maybe we could look to make better use of the tagging system, if nothing else as an interrim measure of fulfilling that which we desire so much.

Personally, I'm going to go home, drink lager, and find a mac users forum to troll...

Happy days Grin

JamesBurns
25 Aug 2009 - 3:47 PM

Quote: ...and your comments are heavily sarcastic - even the last one.

No. You've got it all wrong. I hope you don't mind me correcting once again, but if you'd have said:

Quote: ...and your comments are heavily sarcastic - especially the last one.

You'd have been bang on the money. Wink

As for:

Quote: A sad day for the forum when people can't be civil to each other

Rubbish. The forum is significantly more interesting when people don't get along.

ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2009 - 3:51 PM

Cheers James - maybe not 100% tbh I have been persuaded by some of your comments and thoughts (I guess we always have to be open to that possibity). I do agree with you 100% however on the need to better use the tagging system even if this is an interim measure.

I also agree 100% that it is time to go home and crack open a bottle or two (have one on me).

Cheers

Robert

montechoro
montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2009 - 3:55 PM

James - what part of "Polite, respectful and helpful" don't you understand?

I don't mind any level of discussion - but your attitude and comments leave a lot to be desired

strawman
strawman  1022002 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2009 - 4:03 PM

Stalemate achieved guys.

JamesBurns
25 Aug 2009 - 5:13 PM

(edit) ahhhnevermind

Last Modified By JamesBurns at 25 Aug 2009 - 5:15 PM
geoffash26
geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Aug 2009 - 5:49 PM

Quote: (edit) ahhhnevermind

Smile

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2009 - 6:10 PM

so can we have a nightime/longexposure/lightpainting category then

Please Smile

ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2009 - 8:34 PM

And a maritime/waterscapes category too please ...

Robert

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2009 - 8:40 PM

Why can't people be patient and wait for the new system in place?
It wouldn't kill to just tag it at the moment, would it?
tut tut tut....

TheFotoGraffer
3 Sep 2009 - 12:03 PM

Quote: So can we have a nightime/longexposure/lightpainting category then

Please

Yeah Can We?... Can we?.... Come on..

Surely there are enough long exposures on each page of the gallery to have a category of our own.. I mean Panarama shots even have their own box... oooOOOOoooo.. a real panarama is cool but anyone can crop a pic like that..

Come on re-think the categories please? Enable us to show off our light graffiti, long exposure work in it's own category...

PERWEASE!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.