Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Can we have some new categories ... Please...

montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
25 Aug 2009 3:40PM
James - just for the record - I don't lack the wit to read or understand what is in front of me, I understand your posts very well - and your comments are heavily sarcastic - even the last one.

A sad day for the forum when people can't be civil to each other

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesBurns
6 1.3k 7
25 Aug 2009 3:44PM
Robert,

I'm going to look at it this way:

You want additional categories. I think they're a waste of time and resources. We have different opinions that are unlikely to ever converge any time in the near future.

Everything I say, you will counter with your own counter-opinion. Similarly I will riposte (whilst possibly being criticised for calling myself names). Both of us will believe 100% in our own point of view and because of that, this discussion will go round in a circular motion until the world ends, the forum explodes, or one of us dies.

That being the case (and the case being a given that I would rather eat my laptop, sideways, than continuing in the current vein), then I think we should agree to disagree and move on with our lives.

In the end, either you'll get the additional categories/subcategories, and be happy (and I won't give a crap). Or you won't, and this thread will trundle on until the end of time like those ridiculous word association threads (and I still won't give a crap because I'm happy with the categories that we've got anyway). In the meantime, maybe we could look to make better use of the tagging system, if nothing else as an interrim measure of fulfilling that which we desire so much.

Personally, I'm going to go home, drink lager, and find a mac users forum to troll...

Happy days Grin
JamesBurns
6 1.3k 7
25 Aug 2009 3:47PM

Quote:...and your comments are heavily sarcastic - even the last one.

No. You've got it all wrong. I hope you don't mind me correcting once again, but if you'd have said:

Quote:...and your comments are heavily sarcastic - especially the last one.

You'd have been bang on the money. Wink

As for:

Quote:A sad day for the forum when people can't be civil to each other

Rubbish. The forum is significantly more interesting when people don't get along.
ketch e2
7 770 50 Turks And Caicos Islands
25 Aug 2009 3:51PM
Cheers James - maybe not 100% tbh I have been persuaded by some of your comments and thoughts (I guess we always have to be open to that possibity). I do agree with you 100% however on the need to better use the tagging system even if this is an interim measure.

I also agree 100% that it is time to go home and crack open a bottle or two (have one on me).

Cheers

Robert
montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
25 Aug 2009 3:55PM
James - what part of "Polite, respectful and helpful" don't you understand?

I don't mind any level of discussion - but your attitude and comments leave a lot to be desired
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
25 Aug 2009 4:03PM
Stalemate achieved guys.
JamesBurns
6 1.3k 7
25 Aug 2009 5:13PM
(edit) ahhhnevermind
geoffash26
10 2.5k United Kingdom
25 Aug 2009 5:49PM

Quote:(edit) ahhhnevermind

Smile
Diana e2
8 2.0k 19 Netherlands
26 Aug 2009 6:10PM
so can we have a nightime/longexposure/lightpainting category then

Please Smile
ketch e2
7 770 50 Turks And Caicos Islands
26 Aug 2009 8:34PM
And a maritime/waterscapes category too please ...

Robert
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
26 Aug 2009 8:40PM
Why can't people be patient and wait for the new system in place?
It wouldn't kill to just tag it at the moment, would it?
tut tut tut....
3 Sep 2009 12:03PM

Quote:So can we have a nightime/longexposure/lightpainting category then

Please

Yeah Can We?... Can we?.... Come on..

Surely there are enough long exposures on each page of the gallery to have a category of our own.. I mean Panarama shots even have their own box... oooOOOOoooo.. a real panarama is cool but anyone can crop a pic like that..

Come on re-think the categories please? Enable us to show off our light graffiti, long exposure work in it's own category...

PERWEASE!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.