Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Can you use manaul override with a 70-300mm f4-5.6 SP Di VC USD Lens?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    John_7
    John_7  1 United Kingdom
    19 Apr 2013 - 12:34 PM

I have just bought a 70-300mm f4-5.6 SP Di VC USD Lens and am confused over using manual focusing override when in automatic mode. The instructions say you can make fine tuning in automatic mode BUT then say interfering with the focusing ring may cause serious damage when in AF mode. I am a bit lost can someone advise me what you can safely do with the focusing with the lenses?

Last Modified By John_7 at 19 Apr 2013 - 12:34 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Apr 2013 - 12:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LesJD
    LesJD  2148 forum posts Wales
    19 Apr 2013 - 12:49 PM

I have that lens and it's perfectly safe to use the full time manual focusing facility.Only problem is that if you use the shutter button to focus then fine tune manually it will override your fine tuning. Solution ? use BBF ( back button focus ).
    Here's a link for BBF with Canon Cameras.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2011/backbutton_af_article.sht...

John_7
    John_7  1 United Kingdom
    19 Apr 2013 - 1:35 PM

Thanks for that
    John

John_7
    John_7  1 United Kingdom
    19 Apr 2013 - 2:33 PM

One thing I wonder is with the auto focus working with my 100m macro I can keep the exposure button 1/2 depressed and change the focus with no problem Are you also able to do this with the 70-300?

NDODS
    NDODS e2 Member 43436 forum postsNDODS vcard United Kingdom103 Constructive Critique Points
    6 May 2013 - 9:07 PM

Being a wonderfully satisfied Tamron user for many years and a great fan of their cost affordable and high performance products. The answer to your question is a 'YES' this is so with the entire range, although I would not recommend it that often as you to get a slight clunking sound in the gear mechanisms which because of their lightweight build do tend to wear quiet significantly over a period of prolonged use or abuse...

Regards Nathan

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.