Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

can Zenit E take multiple exposures?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pablophotographer

How?

Hello folks, can anyone remember how (and if) this can be done?
    I suspect it can be done but I don't want to waste a roll of film to find out.

I don't have it with me to test it and I remember it has a setting on the top plate called "R" next to the "X" mark which if I am not mistaken it was for the flash. Does "R" stand for "Rewind" or "Repeat" ?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Mar 2013 - 12:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3786 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Mar 2013 - 1:00 PM

Here's the manual.

pablophotographer

Thank you Smile

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Mar 2013 - 1:24 PM

You can do it with any old cameras, but it's tricky.
    You pull up any film slack before taking the first shot, by using the rewind lever to make the film taught. On a Zenit you have to be carefully not to turn too hard or it will just rip the film sprockets. Then take the first photo. Then press the rewind lever in while holding on to the rewind lever so it the film is still taught, and **** the shutter. The rewind button disengages the film sprocket cogs so when you move the wind on lever it will just **** the shutter and not advance the film It's not as good as a multi-exposure button as there can be a slight slip in film frame position and it's best to shoot off a blank after to be sure there's no over lap. It can screw up the processing too if there's overlap as it fools the printing machine.

pablophotographer

oooops, manual doesn't mention the "R" that I remembered, it mentions an MF button for single action flash bulb, not electronic... Could "R" stand for "Robota"? but I find difficult to think Robota=Automated to correspond to single action flash bulb...n THE QUESTION HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED YET SO MORE ADVICE IS WELCOME Smile

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Mar 2013 - 1:46 PM

It didn't have multiple exposure. I don't know what R is for. I suspect rewind. Is it near the button that you press down to rewind?
    MF is for old flash bulbs and X is for electronic flash - the duration is different so the camera needed setting to match that.

pablophotographer

Thanks Pete, but film slack is quite a jargon to me, with english not being my mother language.... "film taught" is a spelling for "film caught"? sorry I can't make sense Blush

Pete
    4 Mar 2013 - 1:49 PM

Sorry - take up the slack means making the film tighter so it's less likely to move when you press the rewind button down and wind on

MichaelMelb_AU

I took a lot of photos with Zenit-E. No, it has no provision for multiple exposures of the same frame. There might be a workaround-as described above, but mind it - this camera's mechanics is not too tough, esp. in specimens 20-30 years old. I would not advise trying your luck with it. Being used carefully though, it is pretty good camera, especialy Krasnogorsk version of it - with prism and broken arrow on the logo.

pablophotographer

Thank you Michael. Weighting the matter of getting a double exposure or keeping a family object working, favours the second. I shall respect its inner fragilities.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2013 - 8:46 AM

If you are doing your own developing you can try taking 2 images as normal and then 'clipping' the together in the darkroom, using the sprockets to help line them up. Doing it that way, at least if you get them misaligned you can try again.

Ian

pablophotographer

Thanks Ian. I do not develop or print on my own at the moment...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.