Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Cancel it

dcash29 9 2.0k England
18 Nov 2012 2:39PM

Quote:Now we couldn't do without them
We could

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jondf 8 2.7k
18 Nov 2012 3:06PM
.....couldn't
dcash29 9 2.0k England
18 Nov 2012 3:17PM
whatever!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
18 Nov 2012 5:20PM

Quote:Why do people need to travel so much? You could put high speed internet into every home for a fraction of the cost of HS2, so a lot of work could be done by video conf

A lot of us don`t get to sit on are arses all day twiddling are thumbs Smile
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 5:31PM
And a lot of people do
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
18 Nov 2012 5:32PM
Yeh I know, been there myself Smile
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 6:12PM
How many people complaining about HS2 v hospitals are often the same people complaining about the road traffic and how we need to upgrade public transport to reduce traffic pollution. Basically, they will find reason to complain about many infrastructure announcements because they just want to complain.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 6:29PM

Quote:How many people complaining about HS2 v hospitals are often the same people complaining about the road traffic and how we need to upgrade public transport to reduce traffic pollution. Basically, they will find reason to complain about many infrastructure announcements because they just want to complain.

Possibly true Mike, but that wasn't the reason I started the threadSmile

We are a very small island and when every blade of grass is covered by tracks, runways or tarmac, those who pursue this transport legacy still won't be satisfied.

If this HS2 is that important, tunnel the lot.

Might cost a fortune, but it will keep the construction industry busy for years
As for the arisings, transport them to the east coast, to provide a decent flood prevention scheme.
How would we do that you might ask - upgrade the existing west-east rail line to accommodate it - note I said upgrade, not construct another one
jondf 8 2.7k
18 Nov 2012 6:57PM
[Quote] We are a very small island and when every blade of grass is covered by tracks, runways or tarmac, those who pursue this transport legacy still won't be satisfied

It's facts we want, not over-emphasis and conjecture. There'll be folk living in fear of the high speed train's arrival especially if they happen to be in its path but as others on here have said, you can't halt progress. Provision of an efficient high speed train network should be a core aspect of Britain's economic and ecological vision for the future bringing, as it should, increased opportunity in many areas of national growth and prosperity.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
18 Nov 2012 6:59PM

Quote:We are a very small island and when every blade of grass is covered by tracks, runways or tarmac, those who pursue this transport legacy still won't be satisfied

Its just the same with roads Sad
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 7:15PM

Quote:increased opportunity in many areas of national growth and prosperity.

Oh if that were true

At the moment, approx 85% of tower cranes in use are in London - in fact there are only sixteen in use outside of greater London

Zero construction growth apart from the capital - this government seems obsessed with London and sod the restSad
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 7:53PM

Quote:this government seems obsessed with London and sod the rest

Huh? if that was true, why would they bother creating a railway line to Birmingham?
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 8:00PM

Quote:Huh? if that was true, why would they bother creating a railway line to Birmingham?

To get their fat cat chums to the CapitalSmile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
18 Nov 2012 8:11PM
LOl Adrian you remind me of this lot Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IZ3KOgrMD8

And I live in Henley Smile
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 8:15PM

Quote:If this HS2 is that important, tunnel the lot.

Might cost a fortune, but it will keep the construction industry busy for years
As for the arisings, transport them to the east coast, to provide a decent flood prevention scheme.
How would we do that you might ask - upgrade the existing west-east rail line to accommodate it - note I said upgrade, not construct another one

Thats a really great idea - but will you agree t pay for it either in taxes or price increases on everthing.

Quote:this government seems obsessed with London and sod the rest

You mean there ARE other places? (8o)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.