Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Cancel it

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
dcash29
dcash29  81870 forum posts England
18 Nov 2012 - 2:39 PM

Quote: Now we couldn't do without them

We could

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Nov 2012 - 2:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jondf
jondf  72473 forum posts
18 Nov 2012 - 3:06 PM

.....couldn't

dcash29
dcash29  81870 forum posts England
18 Nov 2012 - 3:17 PM

whatever!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214396 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2012 - 5:20 PM

Quote: Why do people need to travel so much? You could put high speed internet into every home for a fraction of the cost of HS2, so a lot of work could be done by video conf

A lot of us don`t get to sit on are arses all day twiddling are thumbs Smile

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215508 forum posts England
18 Nov 2012 - 5:31 PM

And a lot of people do

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214396 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2012 - 5:32 PM

Yeh I know, been there myself Smile

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2012 - 6:12 PM

How many people complaining about HS2 v hospitals are often the same people complaining about the road traffic and how we need to upgrade public transport to reduce traffic pollution. Basically, they will find reason to complain about many infrastructure announcements because they just want to complain.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85744 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2012 - 6:29 PM

Quote: How many people complaining about HS2 v hospitals are often the same people complaining about the road traffic and how we need to upgrade public transport to reduce traffic pollution. Basically, they will find reason to complain about many infrastructure announcements because they just want to complain.

Possibly true Mike, but that wasn't the reason I started the threadSmile

We are a very small island and when every blade of grass is covered by tracks, runways or tarmac, those who pursue this transport legacy still won't be satisfied.

If this HS2 is that important, tunnel the lot.

Might cost a fortune, but it will keep the construction industry busy for years
As for the arisings, transport them to the east coast, to provide a decent flood prevention scheme.
How would we do that you might ask - upgrade the existing west-east rail line to accommodate it - note I said upgrade, not construct another one

jondf
jondf  72473 forum posts
18 Nov 2012 - 6:57 PM

Quote: We are a very small island and when every blade of grass is covered by tracks, runways or tarmac, those who pursue this transport legacy still won't be satisfied

It's facts we want, not over-emphasis and conjecture. There'll be folk living in fear of the high speed train's arrival especially if they happen to be in its path but as others on here have said, you can't halt progress. Provision of an efficient high speed train network should be a core aspect of Britain's economic and ecological vision for the future bringing, as it should, increased opportunity in many areas of national growth and prosperity.

Paul Morgan
18 Nov 2012 - 6:59 PM

Quote: We are a very small island and when every blade of grass is covered by tracks, runways or tarmac, those who pursue this transport legacy still won't be satisfied

Its just the same with roads Sad

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85744 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2012 - 7:15 PM

Quote: increased opportunity in many areas of national growth and prosperity.

Oh if that were true

At the moment, approx 85% of tower cranes in use are in London - in fact there are only sixteen in use outside of greater London

Zero construction growth apart from the capital - this government seems obsessed with London and sod the restSad

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2012 - 7:53 PM

Quote: this government seems obsessed with London and sod the rest

Huh? if that was true, why would they bother creating a railway line to Birmingham?

tomcat
18 Nov 2012 - 8:00 PM

Quote: Huh? if that was true, why would they bother creating a railway line to Birmingham?

To get their fat cat chums to the CapitalSmile

Last Modified By tomcat at 18 Nov 2012 - 8:01 PM
Paul Morgan
18 Nov 2012 - 8:11 PM

LOl Adrian you remind me of this lot Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IZ3KOgrMD8

And I live in Henley Smile

collywobles
18 Nov 2012 - 8:15 PM

Quote: If this HS2 is that important, tunnel the lot.

Might cost a fortune, but it will keep the construction industry busy for years
As for the arisings, transport them to the east coast, to provide a decent flood prevention scheme.
How would we do that you might ask - upgrade the existing west-east rail line to accommodate it - note I said upgrade, not construct another one

Thats a really great idea - but will you agree t pay for it either in taxes or price increases on everthing.

Quote: this government seems obsessed with London and sod the rest

You mean there ARE other places? (8o)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.