Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Cancellation, Cancellation, Cancellation!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
jonah794
jonah794  51723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 8:42 AM

We (my grandma and I) have been staying in Venice for a week now, when it was only meant to be 2 days! Our thursday flight was cancelled, so we instantly rebooked for the earliest we could - Saturday.

This Saturday flight was then cancelled, and there were no more EasyJet flights until thursday week, so we took an easyJet to Paris the next day, and booked a hotel and a eurostar. However, this was cancelleed Sad

So, we were STUCK in Venice, sick and tired of canals, having walked our socks off and decided to rest. (hard to imagine isn't it!) Smile So, we went to train station on Sunday morning, which was CRAZY! Hundreds of people queuing in huge snakes into the canal (almost), TV crews everywhere! Anyway, after a long wait, we took a ticket and train to Abano, and got a lovely thermally heated hotel!

We have now booked a British Airways flight from Verona (not venice) to Gatwick for Saturday, as that is the only next one! Let's hope the airspace clears up by then. The Italian airports have re-opened, but London hasn't Sad We'll just have to wait, do a lot of waiting and swimming - if you look the town up, that's what it's famous for!! Smile

Who else has had travel disruptions|?

Jonah

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Apr 2010 - 8:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 8:46 AM

I am sure you are suffering, Jonah.Tongue

jonah794
19 Apr 2010 - 8:50 AM

Oh yes, it's absolute hell! Tongue

Still..... it's annoying

kaybee
kaybee  103801 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 9:06 AM

I picked up a couple of friends last night who hired a car in Barcelona, drove to Calais, scrounged a lift on a coach (hired by a kids football team who had been stuck in Poland) as far as Bathgate in West Lothian. I then drove them accross to Prestwick airport to collect their car (which cost an arm and a leg to get back because they were 2 days over their booking) so they could drive home to Stirling.

They met a couple in Calais who got a taxi from Florence ................. new mortgage please

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012602 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 9:35 AM

My ex was coming back from mid east to go to his grandmothers funeral and to see our children, wont be back for months now.

jonah794
19 Apr 2010 - 10:06 AM

Oh dear Sad I have heard of people who took a taxi - costs them thousands. I'm sure the taxi driver was delirious! Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hope you manage to get yourself and your gran back safely to the UK, Jonah (and without vast cost). Your parents must be worried! Sad

I guess, if the worst comes to the worst, they can get the 4X4 out and come and fetch you! Wink

theorderingone
19 Apr 2010 - 10:37 AM

I've had problems with gigs being cancelled because bands can't get into the UK.

I just hope this all clears up in time for summer, otherwise it'll be a bleak one for me. Sad

jonah794
19 Apr 2010 - 10:39 AM

They are worried CB Smile

Quote: I guess, if the worst comes to the worst, they can get the 4X4 out and come and fetch you!

I don't want to hear that word again! Tongue No, he'll come in the convertible Wink

Unfortunately, I think this cloud will have some unfortunate long term effects on business.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104015 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 11:56 AM

we got back from England last night....sounds strange doesn't it. We were due to go to istanbul, so had to stay with friends...we re-booked a flight on sunday (hoping the window would be open) but that got cancelled. Eventually decided on Plan D - coach to Stranraer and then ferry to Belfast....coach was late for a variety of reasons, but National express kindly transferred us to the Larne ferry ad brought us back to Belfast. No sleep for 24hrs, but ours was relatively easy i suspect.
I hear they're talking about bringing people back with warships...and that Madrid is opening as a hub

Good luck and commiserations...now about that refund!! Smile

Last Modified By cats_123 at 19 Apr 2010 - 11:57 AM
jonah794
19 Apr 2010 - 1:29 PM

Yes - a nice idea - I know my cousins have got a coach from Geneva to Calais and are then getting the ferry from Calais to Dover.

montechoro
montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 2:05 PM

I heard on the radio that the Royal Navy are coming to the aid of stranded tourists - beats a ferry anyday!

If the Navy drop anyone off in Portsmouth on the 25th April - don't forget to pop in to our Photo and Pinhole Day - we'll be waiting for you lol

Last Modified By montechoro at 19 Apr 2010 - 2:08 PM
jonah794
19 Apr 2010 - 2:17 PM

Yes I heard that too Barry. Sadly - I can't attend the pinhole day as I have my own meet Smile The navy will probably throw me into the sea if there is a storm - I'm Jonah Tongue

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 2:20 PM

I am going back to Malaysia in less than 3 weeks time.
Should I start worry now?
Sad

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 2:44 PM

Quote: I am going back to Malaysia in less than 3 weeks time.
Should I start worry now?
Sad

Why, what have you done! Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.