Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Canon 1Ds Mark III Sample Image

jaspernina 7 1.0k Wales
21 Aug 2007 11:41AM
Opened that image up in ps, the detail is amazing, it also looks like they haven't played around with it, if you zoom to 400% you can see her really bad skin (blackheads maybeWink ).

How sad am i LOL

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
21 Aug 2007 11:56AM
by a proper bike not a bloddy scooter lindsey , by a chopper style suzuki dragster of similour , you wil lhave much more fun , plus it will cost stephen much more money ehehehe
jontelling 7 23 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2007 11:57AM

Quote:Opened that image up in ps, the detail is amazing, it also looks like they haven't played around with it, if you zoom to 400% you can see her really bad skin (blackheads maybe ).

How sad am i LOL

lol, I was thinking that, also the contrast could do with a little bit more.

May I ask why does it have a that lighting effect, if you look across her skin (head and top arm) it goes greenish in large blocks.
Seems like a old photocopier.
jaspernina 7 1.0k Wales
21 Aug 2007 12:28PM

Quote:By a proper bike not a bloddy scooter lindsay

Thanks for that PaulWink you'll have to PM her with an example, as she is worth it, I'm jus worried about accidents, but then again i really regret not have a bike when most of my mates did.

I remember a friend of mine had a Kawasaki ZX 1000 which at the time was the bees kness, he also drove a Reliant Robin as he was a real biker and spent most of his cash on bikes. I always ribbed him about his 'moped', what a mistake, he offered me a pillion ride on the back of it one day, and i can honestly say I have never been so petrified in my life, I've owned some very fast cars over the years but that bike was incredable. I'm sure i must have broken a few of his ribs, when i got off i could hardly stand up, so heaven knows what his current bike, a Yamaha R1 goes like. Smile
ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
21 Aug 2007 12:32PM
R1 even faster and quicker into and out of turn than the old kwackers , used to know one of the girl horse riders who rode one of those down the local drag strip faster than some of the blokes

no buy a custom style bike. it will have proper brakes and seats plus the tyres will grip better than a scooter, scooters are horrid things to ride
you can get those chinese copies of honda customs at under a grand now
jaspernina 7 1.0k Wales
21 Aug 2007 12:39PM
Can you recomend one Paul, I'll push to about 3500. Am i right in thinking that she could have one up to 500cc as a learner considering her age. I've always believed extra power can get you out of trouble (as well in to it i suppose). A mate went on one of these week course's to learn and pass your test, are they any good?

Thanks

Stephen
Ian_Sweet 9 92 1 England
21 Aug 2007 1:13PM
Anyway, getting back to the topic!, yes i must admit it is a cracking photo, BUT!! have you seen the piece of glass stuck on the front of the camera, lets not forget this is arguably one of canon's best lenses, you cant tell me this hasnt made a difference.
deviant 10 3.0k 1 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2007 1:18PM

Quote:Anyway, getting back to the topic!, yes i must admit it is a cracking photo, BUT!! have you seen the piece of glass stuck on the front of the camera, lets not forget this is arguably one of canon's best lenses, you cant tell me this hasnt made a difference

It is an exceptionally clear lens and designed for digital sensors so it's bound to help but it can only enable the sensor to show what its able to show it can't actually improve it. Crap glass would certainly come unstuck on a sensor like this though.
D
cambirder 10 7.2k England
21 Aug 2007 1:27PM

Quote:Anyway, getting back to the topic!, yes i must admit it is a cracking photo, BUT!! have you seen the piece of glass stuck on the front of the camera, lets not forget this is arguably one of canon's best lenses, you cant tell me this hasnt made a difference.

If you can afford the body, you can afford the best lenses to go with it. Did you really expect them to use some horrible old 28-70mm zoom?
Ian_Sweet 9 92 1 England
21 Aug 2007 1:38PM
@ Deviant, do you think the MKIII is vastly better than the MKII?

Would the MKII not be able to capture this quality with this lens?
tigerminx 10 237 South Africa
21 Aug 2007 3:01PM
What version of the EF 85mm Lens is it? Can't tell if it's the L version.

Anyone looking to by a second hand, (nicotine free) lung? Limited Offer Smile

Bruce.
cambirder 10 7.2k England
21 Aug 2007 3:22PM
Its an f1.2 so its the L lens.
conrad 10 10.9k 116
21 Aug 2007 3:22PM

Quote:Anyone looking to by a second hand, (nicotine free) lung?

Running out of kidneys? Wink
deviant 10 3.0k 1 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2007 3:49PM

Quote:Deviant, do you think the MKIII is vastly better than the MKII

Haven't used either body in anger so couldn't comment with any authority.

Quote:Would the MKII not be able to capture this quality with this lens

The 85mm f/1.2 L II ain't going to hurt image quality on any body. It's only going to help by being transparent like a good amplifier.
tigerminx 10 237 South Africa
21 Aug 2007 4:43PM
Image was actually captured with a EF 85mm f1.8, still a good lens I'd say...

Bruce.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.