Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 30D AEB and Canon 580EX11

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JASPERIMAGE
    13 Mar 2008 - 9:19 PM

Add a topic!Hi. I have just purchased a 580EX Mk 11 and I tried in shop to use AEB on my 30D and it did work. Now home and I just cannot get the AEB to work in any setting on Mode in Speedlight.

Can anybody assist with this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Mar 2008 - 9:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Mar 2008 - 10:37 PM

Do you mean auto exposure bracketing? Are you trying to take 3 photo's at different exposure values from the gun?

I did not know it could do that. I thought you could only do exposure bracketing on daylight exposures.

JASPERIMAGE
    13 Mar 2008 - 11:10 PM

Quote: Do you mean auto exposure bracketing? Are you trying to take 3 photo's at different exposure values from the gun?

I did not know it could do that. I thought you could only do exposure bracketing on daylight exposures.

It did work in the Shop, I set AEB on Camera set it down exposed/locked and fired on timer. Hey ho. But now just cannot do it.

ripleysalien
    14 Mar 2008 - 10:01 AM

The flashwould need to be in manual and the power reduced I would think, I thought you needed to press the shutter for each shot though, didnt know it did it automatic.
    Hmmm

Steve

Although you can set the flash to bracket too, then it fires three different bursts at differing outputs.

SandyMiller
    14 Mar 2008 - 10:07 AM

Quote: I set AEB on Camera set it down exposed/locked and fired on timer

This probably has no relevance at all but on my Eos 3 the AEB fires all 3 on the trot on timer unless the mirror is locked up, in which case you have to fire 3 different exposures. Just a thought (don't know if the same applies to flash though - haven't tried it)

User_Removed
    14 Mar 2008 - 10:58 AM

Tried with the on board flash on the 30D.
    Raising the on board flash turns the feature off.
    Works OK without flash.

Col

JASPERIMAGE
    18 Mar 2008 - 8:49 PM

Well I have contacted Canon re this and they cannot answer the question. They have taken my contact number and are getting the experts to contact me after some testing.

Brian

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Mar 2008 - 10:55 PM

Just did a quick experiment, 40D and 430EX. The flash exposure stayed constant, despite the exposure compensation being bracketed, till the gun ran out of energy.

There is no mention of Flash Exposure bracketing in either hand book.

JASPERIMAGE
    18 Mar 2008 - 11:01 PM

Quote: Just did a quick experiment, 40D and 430EX. The flash exposure stayed constant, despite the exposure compensation being bracketed, till the gun ran out of energy.

There is no mention of Flash Exposure bracketing in either hand book.

I was playing as well with 580EX and found that one can use FEB to cover 3 shots by raising it on ETTL. This works but one has got to use the remote control to activate takes as one does not want to touch camera.

I have experimented with 3 RAW's taken this way on Photoshop CS2 HDR merge, and not good, looks like one takes a few experimentals and then shoots on best etc.

Brian

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.