Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 400D now 350! Help!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Cowbags
Cowbags  9436 forum posts England
6 Apr 2007 - 10:15 AM

Why don't you buy the 400D body only and buy a better lens separately?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Apr 2007 - 10:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

the_drewster
6 Apr 2007 - 10:41 AM

How 'bout the anti-shake thing. All the second hand lenses will be without anti-shake. Whereas it's built into the Samsung body. Or is it just a gimicky feature?

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
6 Apr 2007 - 11:43 AM

It works. It doesn't perform miracles, but it's a useful tool. Less so the longer the lens though - that's where having IS in the lens comes into it's own.

Doug

nickfrog
nickfrog  7333 forum posts
6 Apr 2007 - 7:07 PM

I am not brand snob but Canon or Samsung? Ummm.. which one is the world leader in the camera industry?

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2007 - 7:38 PM

Or, more importantly, which one is going to be the world leader in the camera industry?

miptog
miptog  83532 forum posts United Kingdom61 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2007 - 8:31 PM

Drew. This is an "hearts and minds" choice for you. Its been said before, but handle both cameras, and which one makes you feel "I want to take pictures with you". It will always be a compromise whatever you choose. If you feel unhappy with your choice, you could always try and take it back, or sell it secondhand.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2007 - 8:49 PM

I'd go along with that. If the camera doesn't feel right in your hands you won't really be happy with it. I found that with my two Praktica cameras - the BCA felt just right whereas the TL2 just didn't have the same chemistry although it was nice enough. Consequently I used the BCA far more than I did the TL2.

Same with your choice now. Get to hold both of them. Weigh them up and decide for yourself which one feels the most comfortable to hold and operate. Your instinct will tell you which one to get .. there again I'm not being swayed by marketing .. Wink

Tutterzzz
Tutterzzz  7160 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Apr 2007 - 1:54 AM

i do find the 400d abit small in my hands but i prefer having a smaller camera than a bigger one.

within time i will be investing in a battery grip which will solve my problems Smile

kountz
kountz  7
8 Apr 2007 - 7:54 PM

Hey the_drewster, where oh where are you seeing a 400D for 400 [exl. the 50 cash back from Canon]??? I'm desperate to get one!!

kountz
kountz  7
8 Apr 2007 - 7:54 PM

Hey the_drewster, where oh where are you seeing a 400D for 400 [exl. the 50 cash back from Canon]??? I'm desperate to get one!!

the_drewster
8 Apr 2007 - 9:24 PM

Every Little Helps

http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1999782$4294965794$264/Nr.99.aspx

mjsayles
mjsayles  81019 forum posts
8 Apr 2007 - 10:09 PM

But note the key phrase on the Tesco page:

Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock

the_drewster
8 Apr 2007 - 10:41 PM

Yeh, pal, since I posted to this forum. I've already decided I'm going for the Samsung (which is really a Pentax K10!!!!)

Thanks, all.

jontelling
14 Aug 2007 - 9:58 AM

I'm not one to dig up old topics but...
I've just been looking on a site and I'm too weighting up the both the 400D and the Samsung.

Only reason I'm even thinking of this is Samsung are doing a 100 cash back,now from what I've seen the Samsung gives a better noise ate higher ISO.
But this could be my eyes, or the current lighting when the pictures were taken.

Any thoughts?

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
14 Aug 2007 - 12:11 PM

Quote: These are pictures taken by the K10. Can the Canon 400D match them, 'cause frankly speaking I haven't seen any.

I think you will find if the same tog took the same pics with a Canon 400D, you could not separate them.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.