Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Canon 400D now 350! Help!!

cambirder 10 7.2k England
14 Aug 2007 12:19PM

Quote:Only reason I'm even thinking of this is Samsung are doing a 100 cash back,now from what I've seen the Samsung gives a better noise ate higher ISO.

Low noise levels on Canon DSLR's are unsurpassed by any other manufacturer, so I think you incorrect on your assumption.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

14 Aug 2007 12:19PM
The k10 won camera of year in several publications for 2007. I have the Samsung GX10, and it is wonderful. With a further 100 quid offer, there's nothing to consider. It has all the features of a high-end semi-professional camera. Whereas the 400d is aimed at the amateur market. A very good camera, but not as pro and solid (it's a chunky solid and properly sealed camera) as the K10/GX10.
14 Aug 2007 12:33PM

Quote:It has all the features of a high-end semi-professional camera. Whereas the 400d is aimed at the amateur market.

Are you seriously trying to suggest Samsung are aiming at the pro market? Both cameras are firmly aimed at the same market.
14 Aug 2007 12:52PM

Quote:Are you seriously trying to suggest Samsung are aiming at the pro market?

I shouldn't think so - there are more amateurs than pros to sell to!
jontelling 7 23 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2007 1:16PM

Quote:Quote:Only reason I'm even thinking of this is Samsung are doing a 100 cash back,now from what I've seen the Samsung gives a better noise ate higher ISO.Low noise levels on Canon DSLR's are unsurpassed by any other manufacturer, so I think you incorrect on your assumption.

Maybe it was the lighting at the time of the pictures, but if you have a look at the articals on this website you will what I mean, but I'm sure its my eyes.

Never mind.
14 Aug 2007 1:22PM

Quote:but if you have a look at the articals on this website you will what I mean, but I'm sure its my eyes

Not sure which articles you are referring too, but have a look at this
14 Aug 2007 1:59PM
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Samsung-GX10
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Canon-EOS-400D

On second view it is the size of the croped area that give it the impression that the Samsung is better, Tongue Silly me, Grin
JYBluesman 7 97
14 Aug 2007 2:57PM
Hi, If your heart is set on a Samsung GX10 I would go for that. Are you gonna be happy with anything else, it's not just about price. I have a 400D which is fine but I wasted money on 2 camera's when I really wanted a 400D which I got in the end. J.
elowes 10 2.8k United Kingdom
14 Aug 2007 3:15PM
Just buy the thing for goodness sake. If you think it is better then it will be.

If the 80-200 F2.8 ED IF is part of the kit then grab it and run. If not you may find your images do not match those examples.

What ever camera you buy needs a good lens on the front, the most important part really.

Oh, and also you need some good post shot processing to give images the punch that your examples have. Lots of saturation and contrast.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
14 Aug 2007 6:18PM

Quote:A few months ago it was very fashionable to slate the Canon kit lens

Many still do, Ok its not perfect but it does the job.

Quote:It's soft at all apertures/zooms, and it's got poor contrast and it flares badly

Its not as bad as all that, my only crit is with the built quality, and manual focusing.
14 Aug 2007 6:34PM
?? Are those posts at me?
I'm not set on anything, just asking.
I'm really wanting a 400D but always better to find out about other first?
Sad

PS didnt start this thread, I hijacked it,
17 Oct 2007 1:46PM
Be very careful on the cash back as the pentax scheme ran into trouble and I cant get a reply from samsung on theirs.
On a plus point the samsung is good enough without the cash back as it can be picked up for as little as 439 with lens and memory card/case bundle from best cameras
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
17 Oct 2007 5:03PM
This is just as good if not better in many respects and the twin lens kit is an absolute steel Smile

E410

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.