Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

canon 400d shutter delay

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
STEVELIN
STEVELIN  6155 forum posts Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2012 - 4:13 PM

hi my 400d gas just developed a bit of a problem when i press the sutter button there is a few seconds delay before it takes the shot this has never happened before i thought it might be that the battery was running down so i charged it and its still doing it . once it fires it will shot of the 9 frames per second as it should operate but it just seems slow to fire. iv swaped the lens to see if that had anything to do with it but still the same. any body any ideas.
steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Feb 2012 - 4:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2012 - 4:31 PM

have you selected time delay by mistake?

robthecamman
9 Feb 2012 - 4:34 PM

time delay or uv enabled the lift mirror in menu

STEVELIN
9 Feb 2012 - 4:45 PM

no iv just checked and i reset camera functions and its still the same

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8495 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
9 Feb 2012 - 5:13 PM

Try setting the self timer to see if the delay is the same. If it is, and the delay is still there when you cancel the self timer, maybe there is an electronic problem and it's time for a service. (Incidentally, the frame rate of the 400D is approx 3 frames per second for a maximum of 10 raw shots, not 9 frames a second).

Hope you get it sorted!

STEVELIN
9 Feb 2012 - 5:43 PM

no luck roger still the same, it is taking shots ok its just that slight delay that's annoying me, i think you might be right time for a service or an upgrade.

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2012 - 5:52 PM

Are you on 1-shot or AI focus? If you are on one shot it will not fire until the AF has locked on so if the camera or the subject is moving, or if the subject is a low-contrast pattern the AF may be hunting and delaying things.
Turn to manual focus or put the camera on a tropd (or table or other support) and try that.
Or switch to MF and hit the shutter button.

STEVELIN
9 Feb 2012 - 6:19 PM

thanks mike i think were on to something here when i switched to manual focus the auto focus still worked for the first shot as in i got the beep so it looks like a problem with auto focusing i think a trip to the camera shop as roger said" my be in need of a service"

mikehit
9 Feb 2012 - 8:40 PM

If you are on manual focus I think you get a focus confirmation beep anyway to confirm you are in focus (check the camera manual) but even if you are not it will still let you fire.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85744 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2012 - 9:18 PM

Still think it is a setting problemGrin

STEVELIN
9 Feb 2012 - 9:24 PM

iv reset the camera settings and still have the problem dont know its probably something silly that im missing il keep working atSad

STEVELIN
9 Feb 2012 - 9:38 PM

checked drive mode it on continuous.

STEVELIN
9 Feb 2012 - 9:50 PM

its taking shots but its very sluggish the best way to describe it would be if i was taking bird shots the bird would be gone before it fired its bugging me now!!!

mikehit
9 Feb 2012 - 9:58 PM

That has addressed the most obvious ones for me. A trip to the shops it is then...

STEVELIN
9 Feb 2012 - 10:17 PM

i just said that to the wife have to go to the camera shop in the morning and guess what she said " you aint getting a new one" i said "yes i am im selling your car!!!!!!!" shes just walked off and gone to bed.
time for a nice can of larger!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.