Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 40d - Latest Price

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
30 Sep 2007 - 8:34 PM

To answer the questions, I went into my dealer to talk about cameras, and while there I decided to check up on the costs of a 5D and a lens upgrade.

To be honest the trade in offer was not too good, and given the differences in prices between the dealer and the web I was looking at a 40D being only 78 cheaper than UK web price if I traded in (including a lens), so if I get a 40D I will keep the 300D and either trade it on Ebay or keep it as a back up.

He did make me an interesting offer on trade ups from my 175-500 to a 100-400 L IS, on a 2nd hand lens or a new one.

So I am tempted to get a new lens and soldier on a bit longer. The more I look the further I get from buying Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Sep 2007 - 8:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2007 - 4:15 PM

Just saw this from other website:

order the Canon EOS 40D from Jessops using quidco and the jessops 'webex24' code for 26.99 discount and done collection from store. Also free delivery option is available.

The camera works out to:

Camera Price 775.99 - 26.99 using 'webex24' code - 31.87 Tracked through Quidco - 50 Canon Cashback Promotion = 667.13

* Quidco is an online cashback website.

p3asa
p3asa  8676 forum posts Scotland
3 Oct 2007 - 8:17 PM

I can vouch for Quidco as I've had around 160 back from them in payments over the last couple of years. Although I'm not sure where you get your figures from. They offer 3% on the price without VAT. 3% on the full price is only 23 so it would be a lot less VAT free plus they would probably take it off the discount price after webex24 was applied!!

I thought about this the other day and had a look in Quidco but for the life of me couldn't find Jessops in its list of stores. I see it now.

However I'm not sure if it is worth getting one just now as there seems to be a price war on it and I think it will continue to fall. An Amazon dealer has it listed for 713.92

Steven.

Last Modified By p3asa at 3 Oct 2007 - 8:23 PM
p3asa
4 Oct 2007 - 9:20 AM

Also meant to say that if you opt to pick it up in-store I doubt very much if you will get anything from Quidco as they have no way of knowing that you actually went in and bought the camera.

Quidco states on their website "For genuine tracked transactions completed wholly online......."

Still not bad if you want to have it delivered.

Steven.

p3asa
4 Oct 2007 - 7:02 PM

I've just ordered one via Quidco and it has been tracked already. Quidco claim you get 3% going via their site but it is actually 5% so coltranekoh your figures are quite correct.

Cost 637.44
31.87 validated
works out at 5% on the pre VAT price.

667 is a superb price for one of these.

Roll on tomorrow Wink

Steven.

Last Modified By p3asa at 4 Oct 2007 - 7:03 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2007 - 7:32 PM

great to know it is correct!

Alcor
Alcor  735 forum posts Scotland
7 Oct 2007 - 12:37 AM

I have found it for 689.00 delivered from www.digitalrev.com . If this qualifies for the cashback then this is the best price i have seen, however it looks like an import? Any one with experience of this supplier?

Coleslaw
7 Oct 2007 - 10:02 AM

yes, thats from Hong Kong. And I don't think it will qualify for the cashback. They are good supplier though

Tatterdemalion

Has anyone used HiDigital ( www.hidigital.co.uk )
This is how they describe themselves: ' HiDigital is UK wholesale dropshipper Europe ' Does anyone know that this means, the reason i ask is the 50 cashback offer of course.

They quote 675 as a weekend special offer price, delivered from UK warehouse.

If this is valid for the cashback then that means 625 + postage. Which is the best price i have seen!

p3asa
7 Oct 2007 - 7:11 PM

Their shipping states "Most of the orders are shipped from UK. However some orders are shipped from Hong Kong ,Japan, USA (all the products are UK compatible with english menu and manual" So if you get an import then the chances are you wouldn't get the cashback.

25 for next day delivery 15 for 7/8 days!!

Also whois details state:

Domain name:
hidigital.co.uk
Registrant:
Abdel Bibars
Registrant type:
UK Individual
Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.
Registrar:
Ekm Systems Ltd t/a Ekm Systems Ltd [Tag = EKMSYSTEMS]
URL: http://www.ekmsystems.co.uk
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 09-Feb-2007
Renewal date: 09-Feb-2009
Last updated: 19-Mar-2007
Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.
Name servers:
ns1.ekmsystems.net
ns2.ekmsystems.net
WHOIS lookup made at 18: 48: 38 07-Oct-2007

I'm not sure I'd want to trust my money with a company that claim to be a non trading individual. If they are a company they should be upfront about it.

Steven.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
7 Oct 2007 - 10:53 PM

When Canon had there last cash back offer I got cash back from a imported lens.

Alcor
Alcor  735 forum posts Scotland
7 Oct 2007 - 11:30 PM

Well some googling gives me the impression that a dropshiper is someone who does not hold stock but uses an account to forward manufacturers stock straight to the consumer.

I wish it was not as dodgee looking as its a very tempting price. I am struggling to justify all the cost of a new 40D at the moment anyway.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
7 Oct 2007 - 11:34 PM

Alcor, you are right. A drop shipper is basically just a shop front, you place an order with them. They then forward to order to a main warehouse where the item will be picked, packed and shipped.

I used to sell a list of UK drop shippers and thought about doing it myself selling power tools.

INGOLDBYR
INGOLDBYR  11 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 - 8:05 AM

one site you may find useful is www.camerapricebuster.co.uk
it compares camera and photographic equipment prices

p3asa
8 Oct 2007 - 9:42 AM

Quote: I wish it was not as dodgee looking as its a very tempting price. I am struggling to justify all the cost of a new 40D at the moment anyway.

I think considering the 30D was priced at 1200 new if my memory serves me right, then the 40D is an absolute steal working out at 670 after cashback!!

Steven.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.