Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

canon 40d upgrade to a 60d

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jingler
    jingler  3
    17 Jul 2011 - 8:12 AM

hi all
    i have a 40d and iam thinking of upgrading to a 60d.
    i know all about the differences in specification etc but does it have a big leap in picture quality and iso quality
    i will be using the same lenses as i have used on the 40d 17-40L, 70-300L and15-85

thanks in advance

jingler

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Jul 2011 - 8:12 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 4966 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England129 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jul 2011 - 11:24 AM

Picture quality is more a case of the quality of your lenses, use of tripod etc. Having said that when I had the same problem last year I opted to upgrade from the 40D to a 7D. Reading past posts I think the general view is to upgrade to a 5D mkII to work alongside your 40D.

Dave

thermosoflask
    17 Jul 2011 - 11:46 AM

Jingler you may find my postings of interest to you, specailly if you use sigma 17-70 lens,

theduck
    theduck  458 forum posts
    17 Jul 2011 - 5:25 PM

Quote: Picture quality is more a case of the quality of your lenses, use of tripod etc. Having said that when I had the same problem last year I opted to upgrade from the 40D to a 7D. Reading past posts I think the general view is to upgrade to a 5D mkII to work alongside your 40D.

Dave

HI Dave, i use the 5d mkii at the moment and am thinking about getting a 40d second hand, could you tell me, in your opinion, how the 40d compliments the 5D mkii

Last Modified By theduck at 17 Jul 2011 - 5:26 PM
    WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 4966 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England129 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jul 2011 - 8:04 PM

Quote: Picture quality is more a case of the quality of your lenses, use of tripod etc. Having said that when I had the same problem last year I opted to upgrade from the 40D to a 7D. Reading past posts I think the general view is to upgrade to a 5D mkII to work alongside your 40D.

Dave

HI Dave, i use the 5d mkii at the moment and am thinking about getting a 40d second hand, could you tell me, in your opinion, how the 40d compliments the 5D mkii

Hi Donald, I opted for the 7D in the end due to compatability of the lenses. The s lenses do not work on the full frame sensor.
    If you take wildlife then the extra length you get from the 40d crop sensor will assist a lot. Your 5D will have better image quality and has a higher ISO performance. In answer to your question they would compliment each other very well because of the 2 types of sensors giving more versatility. But picture quality-wise please refer to my original comment about lenses.

Hope that helps,

Dave

User_Removed
    17 Jul 2011 - 8:56 PM

Jingler, I don't think that would be a worthwhile upgrade. I think you'd not notice enough of a difference. However if you went for a 7D or 5D II then you would, especially in improved high ISO quality.

FrogTastic
    17 Jul 2011 - 11:12 PM

Agreed, I would suggest the 7D for cropped or 5D mk2 for Fullframe.

Hugo
    Hugo  9628 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Jul 2011 - 12:05 AM

Well I have a 40d and don't see the 60d as much of a step forward - unless you do a lot of low light work and clearly the high ISO performance will be better. I'm waiting for the 5dMk3 or mk4 to come out - then the Mk 2 will be better priced second hand - and with a 24-70 2.8 to replaced my 17-55 2.8.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.