Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Canon 500F4 usm is lens

21 Sep 2009 6:11PM
Any problems with this lens

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

geoffash26 10 2.5k United Kingdom
21 Sep 2009 6:14PM
yes the price other than that its a 1st class lens probably the best I've ever owned
justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
21 Sep 2009 6:33PM
Why, what's the problem?
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
21 Sep 2009 6:48PM

Quote:Any problems with this lens

Yes, I can't afford it...
Wink
da_nige 10 1.2k Scotland
21 Sep 2009 6:58PM
Only that it broke my tripod head (which is supposed to be able to hold it) but thats not its fault.

Awesome lens.
_ 9 535 4 Virgin Islands, British
22 Sep 2009 3:42PM
Not fast enough for winter sports in UK , not long enough for small birds, you'll be shooting in the same style as 90% of the UK's wildlife (maybe nature would be a better description here) photographers, cost, it's white, it doesn't AF with a 2x t/c, I could go on a lot longer, but you might get to thinking I don't like it.

Good things about it are

Image quality, ability with a 1.4x TC is close to using without, weight (relative here in the world of long fast lenses) IS, cost is increasing on an almost daily basis, making depreciation much less, build quality, and just about anything else you can think of.
22 Sep 2009 4:33PM
Fast enough for winter sports, long enough for small birds, you can also shoot in whatever style you want and looks good with a lens coat on. Will auto focus with a 2x extender on a one series body.
It make quit a good landscape lens as well.
It's simply the best.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.