Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 50D - Adobe Camera Raw wont show files.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    derekhansen
    derekhansen e2 Member 5168 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom19 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2009 - 9:25 PM

I am getting desperate. I have just upgraded from a Canon 450D to a 50D. I shoot in Raw and was using Adobe Camera Raw in Elements 6 for the 450D but when I went to upload my first set of images from the 50D a dialog box appeared saying the

"files are damaged or in a format unable to be displayed in the organizer"

I have tried downloading the latest version of camera raw from Adobe and have tried the update in the photoshop help drop down but nothing is working.

I must be missing something or doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Aug 2009 - 9:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Kris_Dutson
    22 Aug 2009 - 9:47 PM

I've a feeling the version of Camera RAW that supports the 50D (5.3?) is only compatible with CS4 or Lightroom.

I expect someone more kowledgeable will be along to confirm or trash that.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2009 - 9:50 PM

The Canon raw converter software that comes with the camera should work.

derekhansen
    derekhansen e2 Member 5168 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom19 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2009 - 9:52 PM

Quote: The Canon raw converter software that comes with the camera should work.

I have installed Canon DPP and tried it out. Its not bad but I have got so used to using ACR in my workflow.

Dave_E
    Dave_E  5125 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Aug 2009 - 9:53 PM

I have this combination of camera/software working Ok so it is possible but I will have to check which version of Camera Raw I'm running.

derekhansen
    22 Aug 2009 - 11:33 PM

Panic Over. Finally worked out that I wasnt saving the up to date ACR download file into the right destination. Adobes download instructions are not very clear, or perhaps I am a bit thick.
    Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
    Derek

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.