Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 5D upgrade

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 10:33 PM

good for you bud - makes a change to see someone upgrading for a genuine "need" rather than just to have the latest, shineiest kit

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Mar 2008 - 10:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2008 - 5:22 AM

Quote: Thanks for all comments, its just that I have had to take ill health retirement from my normal job, not photography, and have started my own business in seling my images via Gallery Shops, I have also been tasked with photographing business premises and golf courses and I feel that moving to the 5D would benefit me.

Brian Smith

Your reasoning sounds fine. I have often said that a full frame camera is an extravagance for 'personal' use, but if you are looking to make money, then the 5D is the tool to use.

ripleysalien
11 Mar 2008 - 7:39 AM

Most of my landscape stuff is 17-40 on a 5D, like Ade I also have the 24-105 superb bit of kit too.
The biggest prob with the wide end of both is the need for wider filters as I have cokin ones and they show on the widest settings.

Steve

User_Removed
11 Mar 2008 - 9:36 AM

Quote: Most of my landscape stuff is 17-40 on a 5D, like Ade I also have the 24-105 superb bit of kit too.
The biggest prob with the wide end of both is the need for wider filters as I have cokin ones and they show on the widest settings.

Steve

So do the Lee ones, even on the 77mm adaptor. Having said that, the image file is slightly bigger than what the viewfinder shows so theoretically at least a minor crop shouldn't hurt the composition. It does grate though.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2008 - 6:28 PM

17-40 + lee wide angle adaptor + Lee holder + heliopan thin polariser = tiny vignette

hardly notice it to be honest

the Lee one is far worse at vignetting and more expensive

User_Removed
11 Mar 2008 - 8:18 PM

Quote: lee wide angle adaptor

I think that this is the issue for me. On the shopping list. Ho hum Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.