Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 5dmkIII Rarer than rocking horse poo :)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    julesm
    julesm  101698 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2012 - 1:46 PM

Was hoping on my day off to get one today, but it seems nowhere has one Tongue

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Apr 2012 - 1:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Willpower
    Willpower  3187 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Apr 2012 - 5:18 PM

I was hoping on my day off to buy some petrol. but it seems I couldn't afford it.

patters
    patters  101786 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2012 - 9:35 PM

Jessops reckon they have them?.

julesm
    13 Apr 2012 - 9:49 PM

I spoke to them and they said they had none.
    I guess I'll wait till the next batch, which should hopefully make some available for non pre order sales.

Jules

ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2012 - 10:36 PM

I am after one too but dont want to pay 3 grand thx so looking to import.

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Apr 2012 - 12:44 AM

Is it worth importing after you pay tax? Also what about the warranty situation?

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Apr 2012 - 12:56 AM

Just checked the Ebay offerings and on the ones that I turned up had comments like

Quote: All import duties, taxes and related charges are not included and not covered by our side., please be reminded that all mentioned TAX / VAT related charges are buyer's responsibility and we will never be paying any for these. All above charges might be charged by FEDEX / DHL instead of custom as they settled the bill for buyer in advance and will then charge the buyer back after.

In case buyer rejects the item due to TAX / DUTY charges issue, we will charge the buyer back for ALL charges including both in & out shipping charges and the TAX / DUTY amount. We will reduce above charges and costs directly in the time we refund to you.

and a little killer

Quote: Shipping insurance is not covered, please contact us for quotation in case you would like to buy it.

And one to ponder

Quote: We cover 1 year warranty by our side but NOT official warranty in customer's end while the detailed terms are the same as official warranty from manufacturer.

In case we require you to send us back the goods for exchange or repair, customer have to bear the sending back procedure and its cost while the final returning shipment from us to your side will be handled and covered by us. Please make sure the return postage to us is 100% safe as if any loss or damage during the transit won't be covered by our side.

International warranty can be arranged with extra fees, please feel free to contact us for more details.

So is it worth the gamble plus the stigma of being one of those rich people avoiding paying the tax they should?

Christographer_Hull

Totally agree with strawman, i always buy my hardware from shops so i have someone to fall back on if anything goes wrong!

julesm
    14 Apr 2012 - 10:03 AM

Agreed. It's not worth the risk, just to 'hopefully' save a few quid

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139444 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Apr 2012 - 10:30 AM

When thinking about making risky savings, just compare the money to how many (or actually how few!) full tanks of petrol the saving will buy. Lol! Wink

It's often a sobering thought..............

pelo
    pelo  5 Australia
    18 Apr 2012 - 5:04 AM

I bought mine over 2 weeks ago here in Sydney. The salesperson did say the UK & US were finding it hard to get hold of. Maybe its because Oz is close to Japan. Now I wait for Adobe to catch up with the software.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.