Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 60D advice

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MichaelTuska
    27 Dec 2012 - 5:20 PM

considering purchasing a 'semi pro' type SLR and am on limited budget; my preferred subjects are Flora,( inc macro) Travel and candid /street photos.
    Candid and street, I am happy to let the Sony NEX7 serve me well here.

As I am not into serious sport and wildlife (although like general nature subjects) the Canon 60D with possibly, 18-135 looks good buy from pro photo at 689.00 kit.
    Any views on this, and/or advice

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Dec 2012 - 5:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lawbert
    lawbert  71701 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Dec 2012 - 5:29 PM

The 60d is a fine camera but the kit lens wont serve you well at all for wildlife or sports.
    Could you push the boat out and stretch to a 60d body only and 70-200 f4 L which is roughly 400 and I think even has cashback from Canon on it at the moment as does the 60d I believe.
    You wouldnt want to put it down with a bit of L glass on the frontSmileWink

Umberto_Vanni
    Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9357 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
    27 Dec 2012 - 5:33 PM

I have a 60D and can't fault it really. Only slight limitation is slow focusing using live view but this is not really a major issue as i normally focus using the viewfinder. For photography its great. For video its very good.

For Macro its very good as you can use the live view to magnify the image to make sure it's in focus before you take the shot. Also you can tilt the screen which avoids having to bend down to look through the viewfinder. As it's Macro, the slow focusing isn't really an issue.

MichaelTuska
    27 Dec 2012 - 5:39 PM

lawbert As I said, I am not into serious wildlife or sports and the lens that is quoted is the 18-135 NOT 18-55 kit

lawbert
    lawbert  71701 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Dec 2012 - 6:09 PM

Quote: Lawbert As I said, I am not into serious wildlife or sports and the lens that is quoted is the 18-135 NOT 18-55 kit

The 60d comes in a kit with either an 18-55 or 18-135mm so they are both kit lenses Im afraid

I dont see why you would want that lens personally when you must have that focal range covered with your Sony.

So in essence you dont need the camera at all with that lens....But it would be good with a 70-200f4 L

Perhaps keeping hold of the money and doing a little research as to what product is what and to how it is bundled might be a good idea before asking for advise...Id have bought an Olympus not a Sony!!TongueTongueWink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.