Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 7D. Error 30

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2012 - 8:03 PM

My Canon7D has just developed A code 30 Error . I believe this to be a shutter problem. Does anyone have a solution or has anyone experienced this error? I have had the battery in and out loads of times to no avail. I am beginning to think it seem expensive.
    Danny

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Sep 2012 - 8:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2012 - 9:18 PM

Had a similar error one of my 50d's a little while back and it was promptly sent off to Colchester Camera's for repair. The shutter had indeed failed and it also need a new mirror box and one or two other sundry items unrelated to the failure. I'm 280 poorer, but the camera came back in tip top health and is almost like new.

Ade

danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2012 - 10:12 PM

Cheers Ade. Thank you.

cheddar-caveman
    28 Sep 2012 - 10:19 AM

Yikes! How old is your 7D danbrann?

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53535 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Sep 2012 - 1:31 PM

As well as the main battery is there a small lithium batter inside as well - for a total reset - all your config data, C1 settings etc.

danbrann
    28 Sep 2012 - 1:44 PM

Cheers folk,
    I have now just got back from a trip to Newcastle where I have left the camera with the repair shop.
    Danny

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Sep 2012 - 2:10 PM

My 50d just bleedin well broke down again this morning! Grrrrrrr.......Sad

This time it's showing error 20, which means it's mechanical again!......Just been onto Colchester Cameras and fortunately all their repairs carry a 6 month warranty, so it looks like I'm going to have to post it off again Sad Good job it's only my spare, but that's not the point. Seriously thing about chopping the whole lot in and going over to Nikon, never though I'd ever hear myself say that I can tell you!

Ade SadSadSadSadSad

User_Removed
    30 Sep 2012 - 12:51 AM

A friend of mine had error 30 then error 20 on his then 6 month old 50D, fortunately just after a wedding shoot when it completely shut down - fortunately, he got it repaired under the warranty - only ever suffered from error 99 when using Sigma lenses on my then 40D but it was a lens fault as it was a brand new DC lens - now only ever use L glass, even my bridge camera has an L lens!

Last Modified By User_Removed at 30 Sep 2012 - 12:52 AM
    danbrann
    30 Sep 2012 - 9:45 AM

My repair man said that sometimes it's just a screw which comes loose but whatever I fear it will be an expensive screw.
    Danny

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43625 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Sep 2012 - 12:05 PM

Quote: I fear it will be an expensive screw.
    Danny

I could comment, Dan, but shall refrain...Wink

Malc

danbrann
    30 Sep 2012 - 4:55 PM

Danny

Malc

I have no idea what you mean....................

danbrann
    11 Oct 2012 - 2:09 PM

The latest
    I have just been to back to pick my camera up. The repair man said he opened the back could not see anything out of place. put it together again and hey presto its working fine. The nice bit at the end of it was that he would not charge me anything. That's what I call service.The company is APM camera repairs in Old Eldon Square Newcastle.
    Danny

mohikan22
    mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2012 - 2:19 PM

Good news, i was keeping an eye on this thread just in case my 7D went t**s up.

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2012 - 3:47 PM

Danny

Malc

I have no idea what you mean....................

Boris Becker might.............

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.