Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

canon 7d and 5d m2 for a 5d mk3

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    richarddevlin

Hi I m toying with the idea of selling my 5d mk2 and 7d and buying a mk3 ,the fps are now nearly the same , and the autofocus on the mk3 has been greatly improved , can anyone see a downside ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Sep 2013 - 1:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Sep 2013 - 1:25 PM

Only the obvious you will be left with no backup camera so it depends if you need it ? i would consider selling the 5d2 and keeping the 7d as a backup body for emergencies if you need it should still get 1k for a 5d2 and then maybe just finance the other 1k if you need to ? or get rid of a lens or two ?

Techno
    Techno  61006 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Sep 2013 - 2:40 PM

Hi Richard, recently bought the 5d3SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile I intend to keep my 7d for backup and some macro work...

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8506 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    1 Sep 2013 - 2:43 PM

You'll lose the longer reach of any telephoto lenses that you use with 7D.

Louise_Morris
    Louise_Morris e2 Member 42311 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
    1 Sep 2013 - 2:44 PM

Quote: Hi Richard, recently bought the 5d3SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile I intend to keep my 7d for backup and some macro work...

Have done exactly the same within the last fortnight with no regrets....yet!!! Lou

mikehit
    mikehit  56350 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Sep 2013 - 3:49 PM

Quote: You'll lose the longer reach of any telephoto lenses that you use with 7D.

If you google 7d v 5D3 you will find a site where the photographer compares the two and the 'telephoto advantage' of the 7D all but disappeared. But with the 5D3 you also have the superior ISO performance.

XxPaulxX
    XxPaulxX  8256 forum posts England
    9 Sep 2013 - 12:26 AM

Where's the best place to buy a 5d mk3 right now?

John_N2008
    25 Sep 2013 - 9:20 PM

I'm not sure of the second hand price of a 7D, but you could sell both and get the 5D3, but also get a second hand 60D for macro etc.

Paul - Panamoz is cheap if you're okay with imports.

XxPaulxX
    XxPaulxX  8256 forum posts England
    27 Sep 2013 - 6:47 PM

Thanks John. Price looks ok, has anyone used them before? Are they a good reliable retailer?

MrDennis
    MrDennis  5227 forum posts Wales
    27 Dec 2013 - 1:05 AM

flashcamera.co.uk Just bought one 5d3 from Ian Kerr (Kerso) for 1949..No lens. Useing my 70-200 f4 at moment until I can afford a 24-105mm. Nearly Broke. LOL. We must be Fools paying these high prices. Still the above price is better than 2300. Good Luck.

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Dec 2013 - 9:40 AM

should have bought the 6D , would have got the lens as well !

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    29 Dec 2013 - 10:29 AM

Quote: . We must be Fools paying these high prices. Still the above price is better than 2300. Good Luck.

You're right we must be, I've just done the same Smile

MrDennis
    MrDennis  5227 forum posts Wales
    31 Dec 2013 - 5:15 PM

Used my 5D3 + 70-200 f4 lens on 28th Dec on Steam Trains and People. Sharp images. Only did one sharpness in PS on one image, not done that before. Always had to sharpen my RAW on 7D. Will be glad when I can afford the 24-105. Keeping my 7D as backup camera and selling my 50D..

Mozzytheboy
    Mozzytheboy e2 Member 3550 forum postsMozzytheboy vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jan 2014 - 9:03 PM

Hello Richard yes I can.

You've got a fantastic crop sensor body, and a full frame that is almost as good as it gets. Now you asked a question could anyone see a downside.

Well, I can. You've got the almost best of both crop/FF worlds and I could see nipping between each depending on what I / you was / were going to photograph. So I would say have a think about keeping that 7D, cos I'll wager you'll regret it if you only have the 5D3.

Mozzy

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.