Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 7D error 40 urgent help please!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: op request
    Alexday1978
    29 Jun 2013 - 2:25 PM

At Bempton Cliffs today, 5 hours and 500 shots in, my 7D stops functioning, no focus, no shutter and LCD showing error 40. Did this with both batteries and all lenses.

Turn it off and on = blank LCD and no function
    Turn off Battery pull then turn on = No focus or shutter then after a short while back to error 40

Drove 2 hours home and did a battery pull and the issue and error is not happening anymore. In one way good, but with a week in the Farnes coming up in under 2 weeks, I do not want to be feet away from a Puffin when it reoccurs.

Anyone experienced this, know what the issue is? Could I have overheated the battery/other parts with 5 hours solid shooting? Help, LCE where I got it (still under guarentee) said they send it away and can take up to 3 weeks. ......HELP

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Jun 2013 - 2:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
    franken e2 Member 123132 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jun 2013 - 2:48 PM

It appears to be a regular occurrence for some.

Link:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2675562

Ken

GazzaG2003
    GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
    29 Jun 2013 - 3:41 PM

I use 3rd party batteries mixed with Canons own batteries in my 7D grip and have shot 8rs plus and not had the problem. could it be moisture building up on the batteries contacts/lens contacts.

GeorgeBuchan
    29 Jun 2013 - 5:13 PM

Why not contact Canon service centre?!

geobabs
    geobabs  4 United Kingdom
    29 Jun 2013 - 6:05 PM

From canons own site
    http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EO...

stipcevic
    23 Jan 2014 - 3:43 AM

hello
    I have a 3 year old 7d that al of a sudden started showing error 40. I spoke to canon in Sydney, it has to be sent to them for fixing, they will charge me $100 dollars to provide a quite and it seems the error can be one of two possible problems. One problem will cost around $400 to fix if it is the other it will cost $800-$900 to fix. To sayI am cheesed is an understatement, I would expect a camera of that cost and supposed quality to last longer. Anyways I have decided not to proceed. I will buy a nikon and will be selling my canon lenses. And naturally would not advise anyone to buy a canon product, does not seem to have longevity.

bainsybike
    23 Jan 2014 - 8:56 AM

Don't know what the solution is, but this tells you something about the error code.

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jan 2014 - 5:50 PM

that's why you always need a back up camera !

Nike55
    Nike55  8956 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Apr 2014 - 11:03 PM

6,500 miles away at Machu Pichu in Peru last week when my 7D showed 'Err 40' code. Had two spare fully charged batteries and spare CF cards but no combination worked. Had back up (Nikon) so no disappointment on a trip of a life time with yet another Canon product f**k up (70-300 mm Lens manufacturing fault, 18-35 mm 'trapped wire' fault). Will be returning my 3 year old 7D back to Canon with a brick. Would love to fly to Japan to 'discuss' the matter with their CEO. I think he should save face and impale himself on his product.

Why does anyone ever buy their rubbish or be swayed by positive reviews of their product? - It's clearly overly expensive junk which is not fit for purpose...

mikehit
    mikehit  56474 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Apr 2014 - 7:52 AM

I disagree.

Nike55
    Nike55  8956 forum posts United Kingdom
    6 Apr 2014 - 1:40 AM

You work for Canon of course...

Alexday1978
    6 Apr 2014 - 8:16 AM

Can you please stop hijacking a thread I started nearly a year ago, which is now fully resolved to have yor childish and pointless squabbles about which camera make is best, they all take pictures.

Can a site moderator please close this, so I stop getting updates please

• «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: op request