Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon 9000pro printer. Colour Cast

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    11 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

My printer was going along fine with all colours etc spot on. I changed an ink cartridge then all went wrong.I get an awful blue/green cast which I cannot rectify.I have Aligned the heads,done nozzle checks etc all in vain. I have used a tremendous amount of ink and paper trying to rectify this. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Danbrann

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kaybee
    kaybee  103795 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    11 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

Are you using original Canon inks?
    Compatable inks (even from the same source) can differ slightly

danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    11 May 2010 - 1:48 PM

Thank you, Sorry I meant to say I was using compatables and that I am still able to produce good black and white prints.
    Dannbrann

canon_stu
    canon_stu  11140 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    11 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

I use a canon ix4000 and tried compatibles about a month ago, the colours all went to hell and i went back out and bought originals and everything is strait back to normal, the compatibles are not worth the hassle.

danbrann
    12 May 2010 - 8:49 PM

Present position is that I contacted the ink retailer who asked be to return partially used inks, they would offset the price of those against genuine canon inks and give me A packet of 25 sheets of good quality photo paper for my troubles. Top marks to Premier-inks.
    Danbrann

User_Removed
    12 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

Would be interested to know what series of inks you were using. I had problems with Cyan a while back and it turned out the printer firmware was more recent than the manufacture series of the cartridges, which were series 2. Quite old now. The series number is the first digit in the number in the grey box on the bottom of the box. I'm using series 8 inks at the moment.

danbrann
    13 May 2010 - 1:55 PM

Sorry Chris as I sent all the inks back so I do not have any record of what series they were.
    Danbrann

User_Removed
    13 May 2010 - 2:51 PM

No problem. It's worth bearing in mind that older series cartridges can cause problems and being able to see what you're buying beforehand can help. The whole episode was very revealing as the field engineer who came out to fix the problem didn't know about the issue until he spoke to the Canon support engineer over the phone. I don't believe it's been widely publicised.

danbrann
    13 May 2010 - 7:14 PM

Cheers Chris.

danbrann
    20 May 2010 - 1:01 PM

An update on printing colour cast.
    I returned all the jettec compatible inks,got a credit note on them all plus a box of ilford Galerie paper and ordered Canon original inks. The result perfection..at least on my test print.So hope fully that is that and I have learned a lesson. quality doe not come cheaply.
    Danbrann

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.