Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon BG-E2N Battery Grip and 50D

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    old timer
    old timer  1055 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 May 2009 - 6:17 PM

I recently bought a Canon 50D as a second body and have just got a BG-E2N battery grip for it. When I fitted this to the camera today and switched it on the camera immediately set off into continuous fire and had to be switched off. I've tried again and again removing the grip and putting it back on again, but nothing seems to work as it should. When I press the shutter release on the camera, sometimes it fires and sometimes not. The various controls on the camera also seem to function haphazardly - such as selection of f-stop. Remove the grip and put in a battery as normal, and everything is fine. How could simply fitting an extra battery grip affect the controls on the camera body?

Fitting the grip isn't exactly rocket science - it should be a case of simply attach it and start shooting. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Do you think the grip could be faulty? I bought it from Warehouse Express so it shouldn't be a problem returning it if necessary.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 May 2009 - 6:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

yellowmunky
    25 May 2009 - 6:02 PM

I'm assuming you have not set the camera to 'continuous shooting'... and if that's the case, it most certainly sounds like a grip fault... phone them up and ask about it, and let us know how you get on... hope you get it sorted...

Overread
    Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    25 May 2009 - 6:06 PM

Before you phone up for a replacement check a few things first

1) give the contacts on the grip a wipe with a clean dry cloth to help ensure that a good contact is being made

2) charge up and use a pair of fully charged batteries

3) juggle it a bit and make sure that its firmly attached to the camera

If its still not working well it might even be worth drying out the grip (ok it really should not need drying out but the problem sounds similar to what I got when my remote control took a quick dip in water). Some silica gel in a sealed bag (plastic works well) overnight and see if any thing improves.
    If not then certainly return the grip because of the metioned faults.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.