Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Canon Camcorders

mikeyc71 11 1.2k
8 Jan 2009 5:48PM
I am not sure if this is the place for this topic but I am looking at two Canon camcorder models HV20 and HG20. Which do you think is the best considering there is a massive difference in price between the two on Amazon. The HV20 model uses mini-DV tapes and the HG20 uses a 60GB hard disk.

Does anyone have any experience of the two models to help me make the right choice?

Regards

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
8 Jan 2009 6:26PM
No, but to be honest both those formats are pretty much dead in the water. I wouldn't bother with either of them.

The lastest Canon camcorders have either internal memory plus SDHC card facility, or SDHC card alone.

Take a look at the press releases for the latest models here and here .
leeroe 12 231 England
8 Jan 2009 10:00PM
I wouldnt bother with either of them to be honest. I deliberated and researched for 2 months and in the end my head was numb. I left it for a week read a few more reviews and decided to buy the Canon HF10, I went to my local camera shop and bought the Panasonic SD9 after seeing how small and neat it was plus full HD quality, loved it for a week, the realised that I bought hastily. Flogged it on Ebay lost 100 on it, went and flexed the credit card on Amazon and bought the Canon HF10 at 499, minus 50 Canon cashback, so stands me at 450. Its fantastic, and blows the SD9 out of the water in all aspects. Spectacular image quality, solid build quality, and for me above all else it has external mic input.

Go read about the HF10, then take my word for it, is bloody fantastic !!

Lee
mikeyc71 11 1.2k
9 Jan 2009 11:24AM
Thanks for the info guys. I will take a look at the HF10. I am surprised both HV20 and HG20 are outdated since the HG20 was only released last year!

regards.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Jan 2009 12:19PM
In fact the HF10 has been replaced by the HF11, which in turn will be replaced by the HF S10 next month!

In the world of camcorders, these days, if you just blink you can miss a new model! Grin (There's even more built-in obsolescence than with digital stills cameras).

But the HF10 is still on sale and at a lot less money than its successor, the HF11.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.