Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

canon EOS 1D mkII sensor

Dado 6 64 1 United Kingdom
25 May 2012 5:38PM
Hi
Has anyone had this problem, I have cleaned the sensor on my canon EOS 1D mkII with a recommended bulb blower but for some reason I keep getting bits of stuff after using the camera and it needs blowing out again,I think that it must be something breaking down and then becoming loose in the chamber, any idea what this could be.
Thanks in advance.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
25 May 2012 5:43PM
Are you tipping the camera upside-down then using the blower? If not, any dust particles may drift back into the camera. Maybe the sensor may need cleaning? Hope this helps
Stephen
25 May 2012 6:09PM
Thanks Stephen,
Yes I always face my camera sensor pointing down towards the floor as I use the blower and yes the sensor has been cleaned, in fact it has also been swab and fluid cleaned.
Thanks
Don
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
25 May 2012 6:43PM
Make sure your blower has a gauze filter fitted on the end on it.......Remember the blower sucks when squeezed and if there is anything in the immediate atmosphere when used the blower will just suck it up and then dump it on your sensor when you squeeze it again......I have taken to using the vacuum cleaner and carefully waving that over an open camera to remove the dust bunnies. NOTE: "carefully!"

It's why good reputable camera shops now have clean rooms now for servicing DSLR's......

Ade
25 May 2012 7:14PM
Thanks Ade
I have a bulb blower with built in filters made by Giottos.
26 May 2012 12:18AM
Thanks I did pay to have it cleaned in my local camera shop and they gave it back leaving me to believe that it was clean and when I got it home and gave it try-out the sensor was dirtier than when it went in to them, even after bulb blowing the sensor clean I am still getting particles on the sensor I have lost all faith in their workmanship and am afraid to return the camera for them to re do the cleaning in case they ruin it completely. BTW this is all within hours of the job being done.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.