Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Canon EOS 5 film jamming

29 Jul 2012 12:15PM
Got a problem with the film jamming after just four or five shots, then rewinding the the film.
I tried changing from 36 exp film to 24 but to no avail.
Anybody have a any idea what may be the problem?
Thanks in advance
Adrian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
29 Jul 2012 12:49PM
Waste a film and wind it on without closing the back and see what happens. If it's anything other than obvious, the bin is calling!
29 Jul 2012 12:58PM
Ahh the old digitals never had that problem .. Not like these new fangled film thingies .. ;0)
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
29 Jul 2012 1:55PM
It sounds as if the wind on drive is jamming/failing. If that is the case it's probably not worth repairing to be honest.

Ken
Graysta e2
9 1.1k England
29 Jul 2012 6:12PM
Try a bigger memory card Wink
if all your getting is 36 shot's max
30 Jul 2012 7:24PM
Graysta, this is a FILM forum were on here, NOT digital. Tongue
3 Aug 2012 12:54AM
I wondered why it was quiet Tongue
montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2012 8:12PM
Hi Adrian - sorry to hear about your problems with wind on.

All may not be lost. I had a problem with the Command dial (a known problem apparently) on my EOS 5 - a local camera shop told me it was "beyond economic repair" and another said it would make a good paperweight which I found hard to accept.

However, after a few phone calls I found a local camera engineer who agreed to have a look at it for me. Three days later it was back in my hands and hasn't stopped working since.

It's got to be worth a few phone calls first.

If you can't find anyone local to you - I could let you have the contact details of the guy I used on the Hampshire / Sussex border so you could at least have a word with him and see what he thinks. I've used him for years and he has carried out many services and repairs for me so I would have no hesitation in recommending him. He has always carried out a good job at a fair price whenever I've used him.

Good luck anyway
classcams e2
5 117
22 Aug 2012 7:36AM

Quote:Got a problem with the film jamming after just four or five shots, then rewinding the the film.
I tried changing from 36 exp film to 24 but to no avail.
Anybody have a any idea what may be the problem?
Thanks in advance
Adrian

Insufficient evidence. Are the films your own wind on or comercial . The slightest tightness will trip the rewind.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.